-twelve-

Day 12

“Wake up, sunshine!” Calum exclaimed, in my ear. “You slept in!” I grunted in response, pressing my pillow over my head to stop his voice from penetrating my ears.

I relaxed after he didn’t do anything, gently lifting the pillow over my head as peering over my shoulder. I thought I was clear and Calum free. I slowly sat up, stretching and yawning as I eyed the alarm that was flashing with the numbers 10:17.

“Damn it, I slept in.” I groaned, flopping on my bed again before I was suddenly jostled, almost thrown in the air as Calum jumped on to my bed from who-knows-where.

“Miss me?” He smirked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Why can’t you let me sleep in?” I ask, my voice muffled by the pillow I had thrown over my face.

“Because sleep is for the weak,” He tugs on my arm, pulling me out of bed and in to his arms. If I wasn’t so tired I would have blushed, but with my recent lack of sleep even that took more effort than I was giving.

“Then call me weak.” I mumbled, nuzzling my nose into his chest as he giggled at my actions.

“You’re awfully cuddly this morning.” His giggles cut off his words as he gently sat me back on top of my bed, instead heading into my closet.

“I think you mean tired.” I correct, yawning into the palm of my hand as slowly cocooned myself back into my blankets.

“Tired, cuddly, same difference.” I shot up as a pair of shorts was thrown onto my head, interfering with both my sight and my hearing.

“Why are there shorts on my head?” I hesitantly asked, afraid to know the answer and to remove them from where they covered my eyes.

“Oops,” Calum giggled yet again, “those were supposed to land on the edge of your bed.”

“Why?”

“Because I told you to be ready by ten and you slept in.” He said before a shirt landed on my arm.

“And I can’t pick my own clothes?”

“Sorry babe, we’re in a hurry.”

We were in the car within half an hour, where a mug full of half-and-half coffee awaited me, topped off with just a dash of creamer and sugar.

“If this wasn’t here you wouldn’t see tomorrow.” I inform Calum, sipping on the deliciously hot beverage.

“Okay, now I’ll need you to read this,” Calum begins, handing me a map. “And tell me when to turn and all that shit in order to get to Washington D.C., alright?”

“Alright, but why are we going to D.C.?” I ask, unfolding the huge paper to check the highlighted route.

“We are going on a date.” Calum grinned, reversing out of my driveway.

“So far away?”

“Yes ma’am,” He smiled, “but the date itself is a surprise.”

“What is it with you and surprises?” I giggle, somehow rolling my eyes at the same time.

“What can I say, I like to keep you on your toes.” He winked, keeping his attention on the road as Arctic Monkeys blasted through the speakers of his car.

-|-|-

“Bella, you’re supposed to be reading the map, not a book!” Calum exclaimed, breaking my focus from where I had been rereading Divergent for the hundredth time.