-four-

Heads up, I changed a few things at the end of the last chapter. If you don't want to check it's about the running thing.

 Day 4

I woke up to my phone ringing, answering it with a groan as my greeting.

“Well good morning to you, too.” Calum chuckled.

“Why are you calling me at,” I pause, looking at my bedside clock. “11 a.m. on a Saturday?”

“It’s all part of the plan,” He assures me. “Now you need to get up and dressed before I have to do it myself.”

I scoffed. “I’d love to see you try.”

“Don’t tempt me, Bella.” He warned.

“Alright, alright, calm your tits.”

“You have an hour until I’ll be waiting outside.”

Calum stayed true to his word, meeting me on my front porch exactly an hour later, woven basket in hand.

“What’s with the basket?” I ask to which he shrugs, towing me to his car.

He quickly places the basket in the back seat after holding the passenger side door open for me.

“What do you know? Maybe chivalry isn’t dead.” I tease, laughing as he blushes.

“What can I say? Mama raised me right.” He popped an imaginary collar, grinning to himself when my laughter filled the car.

“Wait, wait, wait; if you have a car why do you walk to school?” I ask about 10 minutes into the car ride.

“It’s going to sound extremely cheesy.” He warned.

“Cheesy is good, Cal.” He smiled once he heard the nickname slip.

“Well,” He paused to rub his neck after stopping at a red light. “I wanted to be able to spend more time with you. I was always nervous you would reject me and… Well, yeah.”

“Aw, Cal,” I cooed before pressing a kiss to his cheek as he blushed again. “That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.

“I try,” He smirked, parking the car in a almost full lot.

“Come on,” He exited the car, holding my door open for me once again before getting the basket out of the back.

“It’s so beautiful,” I spoke in awe, looking from the couples strolling on paved paths to the children playing tag on the metal structure and field of grass.

He smiled, gripping my hand tighter. “Yeah, my parents used to bring me here all the time when I was little. It’s basically the same… Wow, I missed this place.”

“Where are we going to sit?” I ask, looking for a semi private spot before Calum interrupts my searching.

“I know a place,” His grin widens as he leads me to the tree line, holding a branch back for me.

“Are you sure you’re not leading me back here to privately kill me in public with tools you his in the picnic basket?”

“Has anyone ever told you that you watch way too many crime shows?” He asks, slightly intrigued by my question.

“Why would you even ask that” I scoff. “Of course.”

He suddenly stopped walking, causing me to run into his surprisingly muscular back, making an oof sound when all the air left my body.

“Bella Jamison, welcome to my former hideaway.” He grinned like a small child, looking extremely proud of himself as he gestured to the small creek surrounded by all things green (excluding John Green, that is).