"What's going on?"

The vampires finally pull up at the cabin long after the sun had set. As Taylor turns the engine off she lets out a yawn and glances at the time. 2AM. "Of course it's 2AM," she whispers to herself, shaking her head with the biggest smile she can manage at the early hour. She looks over to Karlie who had fallen asleep long ago. She had her head resting on her hand and was rested against the window with her mouth wide open, snoring softly. Taylor's road trip partner had been like that since midnight. The girl had tried to stay awake but eventually she gave in to the waves of sleep after Taylor convinced her it was okay.

As gently as she can, the older girl shakes the sleeping girl's shoulder until she returns to consciousness. Karlie looks around in her dazed state, Taylor found it completely adorable. "Taylor? Where are we?" Her voice was hoarse from sleep.

"We're at the cabin my mom sent us to. Let's get inside and we can cuddle up in bed, babe," she says as softly as she can.

"Deal," she says and the two of them get out of the car, not even bothering to get their bags from the back. That could wait until the morning. Realising that they didn't have a key, they are forced to knock.

"Mom said Cara and Sel would be here," Karlie nods and after a couple seconds an exhausted looking Cara opens the door for them.

"Took your time! We've been up waiting for you all night," she exclaims, but nevertheless she pulls Taylor in for a hug followed by Karlie.

"Nice to see you too," Taylor says sarcastically as they make their way into the cabin.

"Well you haven't changed one bit," Selena says, making everyone laugh. "Come here, Swizzle, missed you." They embrace in a hug as Taylor shares similar sentiments.

"She treating you well, Kloss?" Selena asks, pulling her into a hug too.

"Very," Karlie winks at Taylor over Selena's shoulder.

"Okay now that's all done, I propose we all go to bed and talk in the morning," Cara says and as if on cue, she lets out a massive yawn.

For a cabin in the mountains, the place was big. It was only one storey tall but there were at least three large bedrooms, all with large four poster beds and en-suites. The walls were a rustic brick pattern, but judging by the warmth in there, it was a façade covering modern insulated walls. There was a fourth, smaller bedroom and all four led off from the main area. It was a kitchen-diner that took up most of the space in the cabin and there was also a sizable lounge included in one open-plan room separated by just a small step. There was a log fire burning and a couple of empty glasses on the coffee table that had been placed upon an ornate rug. There were two large rustic brown coloured three-seater couches surrounding the coffee table. In contrast to the old-fashioned design, there was a flat screen television above the fireplace. The kitchen did follow the general design however. There were oak cupboard doors and work surfaces to match the dark wood dining table that was surrounded by six chairs. Each one was engraved with a different forest or mountain themed pattern. The whole thing was Taylor's aesthetic and if she hadn't had been so tired she would've been wide eyed and fangirling over the décor.

"I agree," says Karlie who was also now yawning.

"Your bedroom is that one over there," Selena points to the one furthest from them. It was closest to the kitchen on the opposite side of the toasty cabin.

"Thank you for everything, Sel," Taylor says genuinely and she brushes her hand against the brunette's arm as she passes to lead Karlie to the bedroom.

"Hey, I want to get some sleep tonight lovebirds, no loud noises," Cara smirks. Her remark is met with scoffs from the other girls.

Their room is quite big. Opposite the wooden door is a large ornate window that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. Royal red curtains flowed to the floor covering the mountainous view. The bed sheets covering the traditional four poster bed matched the colour of the curtains, as did the feature wall, though that colour was far more faded and less harsh than the red of the sheets and curtains. The carpet was a cream rug-like fabric that was soft to the touch and the rest of the walls matched this colour. The side tables were made from the same dark coloured oak wood as the bed and kitchen table and the lamps on them looked antique. Above the bed was a glass chandelier which held 8 electric bulbs. Opposite the bed was the door that led to the modern bathroom. It had a control for mood lighting overhead as well as separate lights that hung over the twin mirrors for the two sinks sunk into the marble worktop. There was a hot tub as well as a shower and of course, the toilet.