Time To Officially Ponder The Sanity Of Your Mother (x)

Someone was holding you bridal style.

That's the first thing you noticed as you slowly fought the blackness out of your mind. You hated being held- if humans were meant to fly, then they'd be born with wings.

The second thing you noticed, your leg hurt like a fucking bitch.

But since you were unaware of who was carrying you, you remained limp, draped over metal arms. You had always been quick to regain consciousness if you blacked out in any way other than voluntary sleep, and while it was a generally useless skill to have in day to day life, you definitely weren't complaining about it now.

You were suddenly dropped harshly onto a steel surface. Ouch. "I still don't know what he sees in her," a female voice whined, and then you felt scornful, judging eyes appraise your still form. "She's so... So..."

"Hot? Gorgeous? Unbelievably sexy?" A new voice supplied, and you were torn between feeling flattered or terrified that that's what unknown males think of you.

A clanging smack sounded, and you almost flinched at the sound. "No, ya dolt! She's so average! And human! Not to mention a total bitch to boot. I'm the total opposite, so it only makes sense that I..."

"Foxie." (yes I know it's Foxy but that's what I'm calling Funtime Foxy) The second voice cut in. "It doesn't matter anymore. Fred's made his choice. Besides, you wouldn't want Ballora to get on your ass for talking shit about our sweet little techie here, would you?"

Ballora? Why would she care about what happens to me?

"...Whatever. Lets go before she wakes up."

Once the sound of their metal footsteps fully receded, your eyes flung open and you sat straight up, your hand automatically going towards your leg. It had been killing you the whole time the two talked, and you were pretty sure it was broken. Or maybe not broken, simply fractured, but in the moment the two seemed like one in the same.

But of course, a little broken bone wouldn't stop you from escaping that hell.

It was one thing to be made to crawl through an active animatronics auditorium, several times, and to have to risk your life more than once to reset a system, and to have to hide under a desk to save your life, and to be stuck in a dangerous spring lock suit while having to shake off mini robots.

You'd managed to survive all of that, you had thought, so what's a few more nights of similar content?

But it was a whole other thing entirely to be forced to sit in one spot for five nights straight while a hundred attempts on your life were made, and get kidnapped because of it. Sometimes you questioned your own judgement.

With determination filling you, you flopped to the floor off the metal table you had been place on. Recognizing your surroundings to be the Breaker Room, you rolled towards the door. Yes, you were going to crawl right through Ballora Gallery. Smart? Not really. Risky and suicidal? Of course. Your only hope to survive? Definitely.

Gripping the flashlight between your teeth, You got on your hands and knees in the doorway and, completely ignoring the horrid pain in your leg in favor of escape (adrenaline is a hell of a painkiller), started to slowly crawl forward.

You remembered the first time you had crawled through the Gallery. HandUnit had insisted that you went quickly, as fast as possible to get to the other side, but Circus Baby's voice sharply contradicted that not-so-smart tactic HandUnit had given and set you straight, explaining the immense danger and death going fast would bring.

For that advice, you would always be thankful, even if you had no idea why the hell Circus Baby had helped you if she was just going to turn around and let her buddies try to fillet you.

The ballerina seemed less active, but the foreboding music still played. So you were able to get through slightly faster than usual, especially considering your broken leg. Once you got to the main area, you wasted no time in crawling down the vent and diving under the desk. Pulling the steel cover around yourself, you drifted off into unconsciousness.

----

Of course you were surprised to wake up in a hospital.

You were even more surprised to see your 'mother.' It was odd that she had managed to pull herself away from her soap operas to come see her injured daughter in the hospital.

"U-uh, mom? Everything all good?"

Your mom lunged at you, crushing you into a tight hug.

"(Name)! You're up! I'm so glad-" before she could start babbling, you asked her what happened. She immediately turned all mushy. That couldn't be good.

"Oh, sweetie, Mr Afton helped you! He said you fell off a particularly tall animatronic you were repairing, and broke your leg." Wow. That's the best he could come up with? You could easily tell your mother that Afton was full of pizza shit, tell her what really happened, but your mother had a massive crush on your employer.

Don't ask how (Moms Name) (Last Name) had a crush on a man that was so obviously psychotic. You were still trying to figure that out yourself.

So, you just smiled and nodded.

When your mom finally left, you were forced to ponder Mr Afton's story. William Afton was not kind. He didn't even have a conscience, much less a heart. So why did he help you?

Your only conclusion that seemed plausible was the fact that Afton didn't want another employee death under his name. But there wouldn't be any problems at all if he wasn't such a douche. William Afton specially designed those animatronics to play out his twisted child murdering fantasies. You knew that for sure because you saw the blueprints; all the "special features," and creepy shit.

Still, you'd think that after indirectly murdering his own daughter he would stop purposefully putting people in danger, right?

Wrong.

Afton was a murderer. Always has been, always will be.

So why had he saved you?