One Step Closer, Two Steps Back The Way I Came

Interestingly enough, the mysterious Death of some of your coworkers was not so mysterious after all.

It was pretty Obvious one of the animatronics did it, at least to you, purely based on the fact that murder was what they were built for. ANd, of course, the bodies were seen hanging in the Ballora Gallery and Funtime Auditorium. If that didn't just scream obvious, Then your name wasn't (Name) (Last Name).

But I digress. The real surprise here, was the fact that you didn't care. Cruel, coldHearted, it most certainly seemed, but you didn't really care.

Why was that? Sure, you were never very scared of death, nOt really, whether it be your own or someone else's. But the fact you did not care about the death of people you knew, was mildly concerning to you. As was the fact that you were rather amused at the idea.

The direction your thoughts were heading was not very pLeasant, so you were glad to interrupt them when a knock sounded at your Door. 'That would be the pizza,' you thought with heavy relief. You were literally about to starve to death. How ironic.

After paying for the pizza with a twenty dollar bIll, you were struck with a sudden thought. Hadn't the animatronics been rented out for a birthday parTy that day? You nearly vomited a little in your mouth. If anything, those robots were built to be anything but kid-friendly.

You vaguely wondered how many children would appear on the side of your milk cArton after the party.

You shook your head of those thoughts quickly, but they still lingered. 'I should really stop thinking like that,' you mentally chastised yourself as you put the still warm pizza box on the kitchen table, appetite diminished. 'If we're Going to work together, I should probably have a little fAith.'

But, no matter what you told yourself, you couldn't get the terrIfying, gruesome image of dead children out of your head. You groaned in annoyance at yourself. 'C'mon, (Name). So what if they have suspicious and completely irrelevant to child entertainment features? You've never seen them in action. You don't know what they're really for.'

You were still thinking about it. With a determiNed growl- yes, a legit growl- you snatched your keys off the counter. You grabbed your coat off the hook and swung it over your shoulderS, then you marched through the front door and, ignoring the PelTing rain, jumped into your car and began the drive to Baby's.

'Time to diffUse this suspicion once and for all.'

---

Once you got there, you quickly entered the elevator. As Soon as it stopped, you stepped out and crawled through the vent. Since no-one was there, you could semi safely investigate the area like the nosey girl you were.

You didn't bother being silent, as everyone was gone anyway. Or so you thought.

Detectives were overrated anyway.

You were in the Breaker Room. For what reason, you weren't really sure. Maybe it was because someone always seemed to be in there, or at least Bon Bon.

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There was then a quiet shuffling somewhere behind you. You stiffened, but forced yourself to remain calm. Nobody was there. You took another step forward.

"W-well hello a-again!"

A cold metal hand clasped around your arm, spinning you around to come face-to-face with a metal endoskeleton face, which then let loose the infamous animatronic screech. One that had tormented your nightmares for weeks since you'd started working at the hellhole.

You screamed as well. It was only right. Wrenching yourself away from the attacker, you glared as it's face plates folded shut. No. Fucking. Way.

"F-freddy?!"

To say you were pissed was an understatement. And when the bear literally broke down in a fit of laughter at your momentary terror, you secretly began plotting his demise.

"I can't... Believe you... Are such a..." And then he broke down again.

You scowled. "What the hell are you even doing here?!" You demanded.

Freddy paused a moment to give you a 'well duh' look. "Says the one person who shouldn't be here. I do live here, y'know. So, princess, whatcha doin' in my territory?" He was suddenly serious, which concerned you mildly.

"I, uh, just. Wait a damn second, I asked you first!"

Freddy seemed to smirk when he said, "Just enjoying some alone time. Bon's gone and followed the others to the birthday boy's party."

Despite yourself, you found yourself feeling slightly bad for the male robot. Here he was, all alone, while the rest of his company and even his hand puppet were out partying like rockstars. You also felt slightly curious.

"If you don't mind me asking, why...?"

"... Aren't I out there with them?" He finished rhetorically. "Well, princess, there's this little thing called suspicion. And others feel a lot of it towards me, specifically. Don't worry your pretty little head about it."

You frowned, but let it drop for the moment. "Hey, uh, would you mind switching forms? It feels a little odd to be talking to what should be an inanimate object, ya know?" This was partly true. But a small part of you, a very small part, just wanted to see Freddy's human body. Just a little.

He grinned widely. "Well, if you wanted to see my sexiness then you shoulda just asked.~"

Your words of retaliation died on your tongue when he shifted forms. Hot damn. You never knew a robotic bear could be so... yummy. Why didn't you like him again?

He suddenly burst into boisterous laughter, his defined chest heaving with amusement.

Oh yeah, that's why. 'He's fuckin' crazy.'