How You (Almost) Met Your Maker (x)

Technically, Afton tricked you into thinking he actually cared about his business.

Technically, you also fell for the act. Hook, line, and sinker.

Oh excuse me, are you confused? Allow me to elaborate.

See, it all started exactly two weeks ago. You had been flipping through the newspaper, in search for a damn job to pay your damn government robberies- I mean, taxes, and you had come across the ad.

CIRCUS BABY'S ENTERTAINMENT & RENTALS: Help Wanted.

Job: Technician/Nightwatch
Hours: However long it takes
Pay: $45 p/hour

Extra: Afton Robotics and Co. are not in any way responsible for any injuries/dismemberment.

Call 1-800-1983 today NOW!

Okay, maybe you weren't the best decision maker out there. Who would've thought. But who could blame you? It was the only job that didn't seem totally boring, and you were essentially being payed to do what you loved the most. Your top three favorite things went in this order:

1. Technology work
2.Singing
3. Guns

Yeah, life was good. For about 18 years, anyway. Then you met William Afton, A.K.A your boss from hell.

You genuinely thought you were helping him finally open the unreleased Circus Baby's Pizza World, but of course you were too enamored with the animatronics to realize the truth until it was too late.

The day you saw the blueprints, about right after rebooting the system in the Breaker Room, you immediately realized that something wasn't right. I mean, what reason could an animatronic meant to please and entertain possibly have for being equipped with 'Voice Lure,'  'Storage Tank,' 'Deterrence,' and 'Head Count?' It was all a little suspicious to you.

Then you were attacked, and it all became clear.

----

So what are you, dear reader, doing today, at this very moment?

Why, riding the elevator down to work, of course.

Actually, you weren't supposed to be there. Your leg wasn't necessarily broken, but it was real close, just more of a crack in the bone. But you still weren't supposed to exert yourself. You were never one for the rules, though.

'It appears that you will have to perform maintenance that you may or may not have the skill to do. Funtime Freddy needs repair and, unfortunately, we can't afford to have our usual workers because it requires six to eight weeks of recovery time and physical therapy. You, however, are well capable, yes?"

"Goddammit."

"Good! Now, you must head through Funtime Auditorium to get to parts and service. I will give you further instructions then,' HandUnit instructed, going offline before you could form a snarky response.

"Dammit."

With a heavy sigh, you dropped to your knees and started to crawl through the vent leading to the Primary Control Module. Once there, you didn't even bother standing and instead headed straight towards the Funtime Auditorium vent entrance.

'Motion Trigger: Funtime Auditorium vent.'

You knew Funtime Foxy was being rented out for a private birthday party, so you didn't worry about moving too fast. You had taken a shit ton of painkiller meds without it actually being overdose worthy, so your injured leg didn't bother you much as you checked out Funtime Auditorium with your flashlight for the first time.

Honestly, you were just stalling and you knew it. You may have seemed indifferent to HandUnit's command, but in truth you were terrified- terrified of being attacked again. There was no way you were scared of Psycho Bear. No way.

See, you had actually performed maintenance on quite a few other animatronics before, just never Freddy. Sure you had been in his presence a few times, namely in the Breaker Room, where he got so close to you so discreetly so many times while your attention was shifted that it actually put you off. More so than the job itself.

But alas, you did have a job to fulfill. And Mama didn't raise no coward (even if mama herself was a coward). So, you sucked up any remaining hesitancy and stepped into the Parts and Service room.

Closing the door behind you, you immediately stiffened at the sight of Funtime Freddy. Granted, he was supposedly deactivated, but he still gave you the jumps. What were you supposed to do again, anyways? You wanted to leave.

As if on cue, a flat mechanical voice burst out of nowhere. 'Now that you've arrived, it's your lucky day! Funtime Freddy is deactivated, so less work for you.'

"Fuck you."

'Now, I am going to give you a very specific set of instructions. You must follow them to the T.'

You prepared to follow instructions.

'First, we must get to the chest cavity. Press the button just under Freddy's right cheek. To clarify, Freddy's right.' You carefully, slowly reached out and pressed the not so obvious white button under Freddy's right cheek. 'Good! Now, press the button under Freddy's left cheek.' You did so, feeling yourself strangely calm upon touching the robot a second time.

'Awesome! Now, press the button by Freddy's right eye then just above his nose.' You nearly jumped out of your skin when Freddy's faceplates abruptly jerked open. It reminded you of the time in the Breaker Room. You shivered.

After pressing the button below Freddy's jaw, and removing the chip from his chest cavity, you looked towards the Bonnie Hand Puppet. Your blood froze. It was gone. Before you could officially freak the fuck out, you heard a slightly squeaky voice squeak:

"You're new. You must be Eggs Benedict!"

This time you actually did scream. Only a little, though, because you were a strong independent woman who didn't get scared.

Puppet Bonnie, or Bon Bon as you've heard Freddy call him, popped up into your view. Gripping onto your face with his blue paws, he took a good long look at you, and you were oddly... amused. You know, for someone in the presence of a deadly animatronic.

"Hmm. Catch me!" And you did, as soon as the puppet released your face. You blinked dumbly.

"Uh...?"

"I can see why he likes you now. If you're capable of not dying, then you must also be capable of helping us... You will, right?" What an odd thing to say. You were so transfixed with the blue bunny, you failed to notice him getting closer to your face. "Please, Eggs?"

And to this day, you still are not aware of exactly why you agreed. Maybe it was because of Bon Bon's puppy eyes. Maybe it was because you felt a certain... kinship, with the rabbit hand puppet and a most unusual pull towards the deactivated bear in front of you. But the important part is, you did agree.

"I... I can try..."

But Bon Bon was having none of that. "No, No trying. Can you fix us or not?"

Coincidentally, you chose that moment to remember you were supposed to shut him down too. So while he was staring you down with a half pleading and half borderline threatening look in his artificial eyes, you jabbed the button beneath his bowtie. A whispered apology.

"I think I will..."

With one last look at the immobile bear, you gave him your best poker face. "I still remember, you know." And then you closed the door behind you.