And Yet I'm Still Here. Why The Hell Am I Still Here?

You were nervous, to say the least.

Interestingly enough, an old memory chose that moment to show its forgotten face.

"Oh, father! Didn't you make her just for us? (Nickname) and I? Please, let us go to her!"

Head spinning, you almost didn't notice the other presence in the room as you stumbled forward.

"Daddy please...."

Cool metal arms enclosed around your waist, lifting you high above the ground. You felt too drained from your previous episode to care.

Blinking away the black eating at your vision, your head snapped up to stare at the animatronics in the room with you. Circus Baby stared at you with a tilted head and an unnerving smile. In the dark, she looked like a deranged clown about to eat you alive. A misty, far off look was present in her cloudy green eyes.

"I don't believe we've officially met before. I am Baby," Baby began in a soft, steady voice. She motioned to the animatronic holding on to you. "And that is-"

"Ballora. I know who you are. All of you." But did you, really? You knew their names, of course, but you feared you hadn't even the slightest idea as to who they really were.

But let's not get too dramatic here.

Baby smiled. "Really? Then that makes things so much easier. Remember that promise you made? With... that puppet?" You froze slightly, knowing damn well what she was talking about.

"Uh... no?"

Baby huffed and gave you a look that said 'why the fuck are you lying.'

You cringed and said, "Okay, okay. Yes, I remember. Happy?" The words came tumbling out in a rush, but the animatronic heard just fine and the smile returned to her face, as if she hadn't just been strangling you with her eyes.

"Very. Lets go introduce you to everyone, shall we?" And although it was made to sound like a question, it was a command. 'Jeez. Bossy Baby.'

But up you went anyway, as Ballora nudged you toward the Funtime Auditorium vent. This kind of felt like one of those fictional stories where the main character was about to meet the mob boss. You sighed in acceptance of your fate and crawled through.

Inside Funtime Auditorium, the light was actually on for once. You were able to see Funtime Foxy in perfect clarity for the second time of your life, that you could remember. The other times were just brief flashes of blinding light, vital to your trek across the auditorium.

Funtime Foxy was, well, a fox. She seemed to have traits of both Foxy the Pirate Fox from Freddy Fazbears (a place you had only seen on a tv screen) and Toy Foxy (whom you had actually seen In real life all of one time). Except, this Foxy was more curved, and had an actual fox tail.

Mind. Blown.

You were placed in front of the fox (who you'd habe sworn up and down was glaring at you) and formally introduced by a very excited Baby. "She's going to help us, and-"

"Wait a damn second, Baby." Foxie growled, breaking her one sided glaring contest with you to look sourly at Baby. "How can this... this outsider help us in any way? Weren't we supposed to be killing her?"

Damn, Foxie made a word as simple as outsider seem like a thousand insults.

Baby frowned, the look in her eyes turning slightly cold, as if she were trying to convey a message to the pink fox without words. "Now, Foxie, I know you may be a little angry right now, but..." But the fox had already stormed off, to god knows where.

"Who pissed in her cheerios?" Maybe not the best thing to say at that moment, but it was an icebreaker. Baby snickered and even Ballora hinted at a smile.

"Apparently, you did. But don't worry about it too much. She's like that with everybody that catches Freddy's attention." What the hell does that mean?

But instead of asking, you simply said, "I don't know if I can help you guys. I mean, I'm probably no expert at whatever you want me to do, and-"

"But you are still here, are you not?" You started at the sudden speech. It took you a moment to realize it had been Ballora, who had spoken for the first time to you. Her smooth, haunting drawl surprised you at first, and before you could completely comprehend what Ballora had said she was talking again. "That must mean you are willing to try."

Such simple words, but spoken in the calming voice of Ballora they meant a million. They represented every good and bad choice you had made in your life, just by sticking around.

You swallowed. "I'm going to see that puppet." Then you spun and hurried towards the vent.

Meanwhile, Ballora looked at a nervous Baby. "Fret not. She will come around eventually. I assure it."