•T-Bird leather•

I heard before I saw the same black from from the night at the pep rally, and even I got a little mad. Who did they think they are, anyway?

"Those Scorpions, man, they're askin' for it." Kenickie said, clearly agitated. Danny was deep in thought and I could bet he was thinking about Sandy. "Danny, what's up? You still thinking about that chick?" Kenickie asked him. Danny looked at him like he was crazy and I sighed, "You nuts?"

"No, I was just thinking-"

"Don't think so much." Danny said, pushing him in the door, smirking at me. I chuckled, shaking my head. We walked in and looked around for the guys, "Hey, guys." they yelled. I turned and waved, "Kenickie, Zuko, James." They said, waving us over. Kenickie sort of growled his greeting, before going to sit down. I tired to ignore the feeling in my stomach this gave me. He let me in to sit up by Putzie before sitting down himself. "Okay, meeting is in session." Kenickie said, getting comfortable.

"Know what I heard? Last year the fuzz
had Thunder Road staked out. Everyone got hauled to the clink." Doody said, leaning down from where he sat. I looked to Kenickie, who shrugged it off, "No one'll catch Greased Lightning." He said, obviously.

"Other business, since we picked up a straggler, you've all asked to make it official." Kenickie sighed and I noted the displeasure in his voice. I frowned, "what're you getting at?"

"Putzie." Kenickie flicked his head and Putzie smiled at me before tossing me a leather jacket. I held it up and looked at it; it was. T-Bird jacket. I smiled, "thanks guys, this means alot."

I saw Rizzo slowly approach the table, looking at me with the face of annoyance, before smiling at Danny, "somebody snakin' ya, Danny?" She asked, her eyes motioned behind her, where I saw Sandy and a jock. I felt bad for him, but what did he expect?

Rizzo glared at me while ruffling her fingers through Kenickie's hair, clearly "marking her territory" and I rolled my eyes. "I don't know about these chicks, man." Danny said, and Kenickie laughed, "they're only good for one thing." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. Sonny smirked at Kenickie, "What do you do with 'em
the other 23 hours 45 minutes a day?" They all laughed and I had to chuckle, the group of pigs I truly loved. "Is that all it takes, 15 minutes?" Putzie asked and I laughed along with everyone else. "We're good for lots of things." I defend and while everyone else nodded, Kenickie shook his head. "Do you even count, James?" He asked, putting emphasis on my name. I glared at him as he turned way. Sandy walked by, looking rather snotty as Kenickie moved his feet so she could walk by.

"I'll be right back." Danny said, walking around to the bar. I sighed and settled comfortably in between Putzie and Kenickie.

Eventually, I saw Sandy walk past the table again and Danny rejoined us. I wondered if he tried to talk to her just now?

We left a little bit after, I dropped them off at their houses and sighed while going back home. I stared at the T-Bird jacket in the seat beside me. It was truly amazing and I loved it, but I haven't wore anything else other than the leather jacket my dad got me, it was the last thing he got me before he died and I always felt naked without it.

When I made it home, everyone was in the living room. I waved before going into the kitchen to find something to eat. "you're hardly ever home anymore." My mom chuckled, putting her glass in the sink. I shrugged, "I guess."

"Listen, sweetie, I know you won't listen to me, but could you please start letting me know before hand if you aren't gonna be home or if you'll be home late. Please? It'll give me some peace of mind and it'll help when it comes to dinner time." She asked, looking at me, looking for any signs of an outburst. I shrug, "sometimes I don't even know, but sure."

She stared at me before she smiled, "alright, thank you. New jacket?" She asked, motioning to the jacket around my arm. I nod, "official member of the T-Bird crew." I smile down at it, proudly. She chuckled, "it's nice."

I smiled a small smile at her before retreating upstairs, slightly confused. I don't know when or why I started cutting mom some slack, but it felt good, to be honest.

•••

{officially edited March 23, 2018}