•Christmas Eve•

"Lilly-Mae, you aren't going out, tonight. It's Christmas Eve." Mom said, as sternly as possible. I just stared at her, "it's not like I'm not gonna be home in time to watch Christmas Specials with you."

"You haven't spent a Christmas actually here and happy with the family since your father died, it isn't fair." She pressed. "Gee, I wonder why that is." I snapped, grabbing my keys. "Lilly-Mae, please?" She begged and I just shook my head while walking out the door.

I sped away, trying not to let her ruin my good mood. The guys wanted to hang out and it would be the first time Kenickie and I would actually get along with them, as well. I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity.

We met up, over up in the look out, where couples usually go to make out in their cars, which was a bit odd, but hey, they were my boys. When I arrived, they were already there.

"Aye, James, didn't think you'd make it!" Sonny yelled, patting me on the back as I got out. "Mom was on my case." I roll my eyes, and Kenickie hands me beer, "you finally wearin' your jacket, kid?" He asked, leaning against my car.

I open the bottle and spin around, proudly embracing the T-Bird logo. It took alot not to wear the one my dad bought me, but it was a special occasion. "Lookin' nice, huh?" I ask, smirking. "Real nice." Putzie said, wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head, "you wouldn't last 15 minutes with me, Putzie." I wink and while we all laugh, he blushes. Putzie and I, we were strictly best friends and he knew that.

While we watched the sun go down, Danny cut me off after he thought I had had too much to drink, and maybe I did, but I didn't care. I needed it. "Aye, I'll drive her home." Kenickie said, as we all prepared to leave. "No, no, I can drive." I mumbled, nearly tripping. He shook his head, "yeah, you can drive as good as Sonny can count."

He helped me in my car and I sighed, taking my shoes off. He drove out as soon as Danny's car left. I looked over at him, "what did I do to Rizzo?" I ask, bluntly. He cleared his throat, "look, kid, I don't do that girly talk. You'd have to ask her yourself."

I scowled at him, before turning my attention to the road. "I hate you, driving my car." I mumbled. He didn't say anything, and it only angered me even more.

"My dad, when he won this car, he was so excited. His original plan was to keep it a secret, ya know? Fix it up and give it to me when I was ready for it." I smiled, recalling the memory, "he was just so happy, he let it slip. I remember running out, behind the house and immediately feeling disappointed. The doors were almost off the hinges, the steering wheel wasn't even on properly. The hood was all bent up and the thing was a complete rust bucket.

"I remember giving him a look, like 'really dad?' and he just laughed. I had been 14, then. Everything I'd ever learned about cars, I learned through him while we fixed this one. We worked on it every day after school and we were nearly finished when he got sick." I rambled. "While he was in the hospital, he got me to buy him a notebook, so he could write down what was left to do and how he wanted it to look. I've only ever looked at the front page.." I trailed off and I had realized we stopped, but we weren't anywhere near my place.

"James.. don't, you don't have to.." Kenickie mumbled, looking at me. "I don't do this.. I'm not a shoulder to cry on, James.. I don't express feelings well." He sighed, looking defeated. I shake my head, "no, I'm explaining why I hate you driving this car."

"James, dollface, your drunk." He smirked. I cross my arms, "am not." He smiled, a genuine Kenickie smile, and laughed. "You're something else, kid. You just might be enough."

I bite my lip, "enough for you to be a shoulder to cry on?" I felt too damn emotional. I would regret it all in the morning. He shook his head, almost looking worried, or maybe even sad. "James, I don't do this. I don't talk about feelings.." he mumbled.