•Last Fight Before Christmas•

Slowly, but surely, Christmas break slowly approached and I couldn't be more ready for it. I spent the days at school, with the gang, or trying to get some sleep. I didn't plan on doing anything for this Christmas break.

Currently, I was changing the tires and hubcaps on Greased Lightning, lost in thought.

"James, could you help me here?" Doody asked from under Greased Lightning. I nod and wipe the grease on my Rydell garage outfit. I hold up the hood while he works under it and eventually, he lets me get back to that I was doing.

I lost my balance on the sheet that laid on the floor, causing me and the tire I was holding to fall. I sighed, while Putzie helped me up. I waited for the explosion from Kenickie. "Seriously, James? Can't you do anything right? That's the billionth time you've messed up. Did your dad teach you how to do this? Right before he gave you the money to by that necklace, or that stupid jacket you always wear? I don't want you in here if you can't actually help!" Kenickie yelled.

"That's it." I snapped, throwing the tools I had down to the ground with a big clank. "Work on your stinking death trap without me."

I glared at him before I yanked the suit off and left the garage, tears running down my eyes.

|Putzie|

"Kenickie, she just slipped.." Sonny said, quietly. "Look, Kenickie, lay off the dad jokes, alright?" I ask, looking at him. "What's it to you?" He snapped.

"Her dad died in May, Kenickie." I snapped. Things went silent, I knew it wasn't my place to say it, but I knew it had to be said. Kenickie almost looked horrified. I shook my head and took my suit off too, going to look for her.

By the time I reached the parking lot, I seen her car tear out of the school. I sighed and shook my head, watching everyone else, including Kenickie stare after her car until it couldn't be seen.

"What'd she ever do to you, huh?" I look at him before going back inside the school. I was upset, but I was worried about James. I was also worried about how mad she would be once she found out I told everyone about her dad.

|Lilly-Mae|

I didn't go home, I didn't know where I was going, I just went. Kenickie's words finally sunk in, they finally made me snap. It hurt, for more reasons than I'd like to admit.

I drove until I found a dead end and I sat there, crying. The weight of everything just coming down on my shoulders.

It hurt because Kenickie has done nothing but hate me and I still let myself like him. I still let myself like things about him, like his smirk when he's being dirty, or his laugh.

He viewed me as a sexual object, not even that. I wasn't a girl, when it came to him. I didn't even do anything to him. I sighed, wiping my face. I had exactly one week left of school until Christmas break would be here and I couldn't take anymore of Kenickie's attitude. I wouldn't do it.

I planned to avoid him, avoid the group together. I couldn't make them choose between him or me. They were all friends before I came along and I wouldn't ruin it. I would just have to give myself some space and maybe, just maybe, Kenickie will come to me and apologize. Very unlikely.

•••

{officially edited March 23, 2018}