Liebe - 25

"But isn't hate just scorned love ?" - Anonymous

Antonella.

"What ?! Are you serious Pa. I'm not going in there, this is not a surprise it's a nightmare what are they even doing in Germany argh doesnt matter im going back to the hotel." I hissed at my father who seemed dumpfounded.

"Antonella no matter what they are your family." My dad said calmly.

"No i dont fit in besides i feel more welcome around anyone else besides your family members." I snapped. Mandy and Leah had already went in but i asked if i could have a word with my father before hand.

My dad tensed after what i had said. "Nella princess please just get in, if you dont like it within thirty five minutes we will go back to the hotel."

"Its already been ten minutes and i dont like it. Can i go home ?" I sighed, my father pulled me into a hug.

"Just do this for me, Nella."

I was queit but i didn't want to stress my father so i just nodded
then went in. The mansion was well decorated, before i could look anywhere else Susan squeezed me into a hug, i hugged her back. Her lavender scent reminded me of how nice she was to me.

"Oh, Antonella you have grown up to be a beautiful young woman." She said her eyes brimming with tears maybe she felt bad.

"Thank you aunt Susan." I smiled.

"She sure has." My uncle Danny added with a huge smile.

I noticed Aunt Susan was still very beautiful her blonde hair at shoulder length and her blue eyes just made her when more beautiful but you could notice that she had certainly grown older, it had been years since i was saw her.

Uncle Danny's hair was begining to be gray but never the less he looked pretty much the same aside from some wrinkles here and there.

Dinner was already set and my only wish was for them to say 'Sorry Anwar isn't around' that would sure make my evening less of a hustle.

When we were all sat, i sat next to my father while Mandy and Leah sat next to each other. My uncle and aunt sat on tge right side, but there were still three empty chairs. Everyone was so drawn in the conversation but i wasnt, i couldn't wait for this to be over period ! My friends just fitted in so well with the Steenkamp's wait till they meet that brat. When the maid started setting the table i noticed she added an extra plate oh shit !

"Anwar will be so happy to see you Antonella." My uncle snapped me out of my thoughts.

I briefly smiled and muttered..."i hope so.."

As expected my best friends were suddenly hyped. "Who is Anwar ?" Leah and Mandy said is unison. I mentally slapped myself this could not be happening.

"Did i hear someone call my name ?" Anwar said in a raspy voice. I was shooked, ofcause he was always cute but i disnt understand why puberty had given him extra credit. I huffed under my breath when i saw my two friends sworning over him. Gross.

"This is our son Anwar." Susan introduced.

He's hair was still the same, he had small tattoos on his right hand, it looked like a name or number written in an italics font. He was dressed in ripped jeans and a denim jacket.

"I'm Leah and this is Mandy, we are Antonella's friends." They said and he seemed to be taken out of his trance when he heard my name, he looked at me as if he was analysing me but soon recovered and replied.. "Nice to meet you ladies."

"Whatsup Uncle Leo." He greeted my father with some weird handshake that they always did, argh i felt so jealous.

"Hey you still remembered the handshake." Anwar chuckled.

"Ofcause Anwar do i look that old." My dad said sarcastically, i rolled my eyes.

"Hey Antonella." He greeted with a smirk before sitting right next to me.

"Hey." I tried to pretend to be excited but i failed dismally.

"Why are you late Anwar, i told you today was important." His father half yelled.

"Why didnt you say it was this important, maybe if you actually said my cousin was coming then just maybe i would have came a little faster." Anwar said calmly but then laughed at his own joke 'came a little faster' such a disgusting pig i thought to myself while his parents gave him a death glare, my friends laughed along.

"Rita you may serve the food." Aunt Sarah summoned the maid.

The dinner was actually different from eight years ago, Anwar wasn't being an asshole towards me and my friends liked Anwar alot wait till they see his true colours. I didn't talk much but when i was asked a question or included in the conversation then i would answer but besides that i didn't say anything much my dismay. There was laughter and joy but not on my side of the tunnel, Anwar would stare at me whenever i caught him staring, i would snap at him with 'what ?' Then he would simply pretend he wasnt looking. I didn't want to talk to Anwar and i wasnt planning to. He is a prick and every bad name in the dictionary of insults belongs to him.

"Well thank you for the dinner, it was wonderful." I smiled at my uncle and his wife. "Shall we leave ? I asked my father who looked at me suspiciously.

" Wont you spend the night ?" Aunty Susan asked disappointed.

"I would love to but.." I was cut off by my father. "Ofcause the girls will stay, i need to go back to the hotel and work on my case."

What what what ?!? No that is not happening...

Before i could even process what was happening my dad was leaving and no word could escape from my mouth because i was shivering with anger. The sound of the door closing brought me back to life, i was really staying here for the night.

I dread this trip to Germany i really do.

Vote Comment