Chapter 3

Ezra's P.O.V

"Are you afraid of our master?" She asked in her accent. My whole body froze and I looked over at the door again then over at the Twi'lek who sat on the other side of the ship. I put my pointer finger on my lips suggesting for her to be quiet. I don't feel like getting punished for a stupid reason and I don't think she does either.

Hera looked at me with sorrow and a bit of confusion. I felt the ship jerk a little and pretended to look down playing with my fingers still. I heard the door open and I stood up. Hera did the same thing right after me then we followed my master out of the ship. Before we left anywhere, our master put chains around our wrists and dragged us along.

Her was behind me, oddly being quiet the whole time. When we made it to a small building we went inside. It was barely lit like the slave camp and people talking and having a good time drinking something that gave a foul smell to my nose. It was packed in here that there were almost no more chairs or tables to sit at. Master dragged us to the bartender, who I would guess was Joe. "Here, I brought some help for ya," master said.

"Thank you," The bartender said. "Just make sure I get my money Joe or else," my master said and unlocked our chains. I rubbed my wrist to ease the pain from being pulled over by the chain. "Make sure you two behave yourself or you are going to the punishment room," master said I nodded and I think Hera did the same. "Good," he said and walked off probably leaving.

"Alright," Joe said, "Can you serve the tables?" I looked up to see that he was talking to Hera. "Yes sir," she said and started to go off and do as told. "And you," Joe said to me. I looked at the ground like any good slave has to do to show respect to whoever they are given to serve. "You don't have to look down," Joe said and I looked up to be sure and he nodded. I lifted my head and waited for an order.

"Can you clean the dishes for me?" He asked, "I have so many to clean but I can't leave my spot." I nodded and went behind the bar table to the sink. I never cleaned dishes before unless it was to eat food off of an old plate at meal time. I picked up a weird looking glass up and a rag then started to clean it in the sink the best I could.

All the dishes were pretty much the same so it wasn't entirely as hard as I thought. Right when I thought that, I accidentally dropped one of the glasses and it shattered on the ground. "Uh oh, looks like the little slave is in trouble," a voice teased behind me. I looked over my shoulder to just see a purple lasat sitting there.

I see Hera walk behind him and quickly hit his head but not that hard before walking off. I stifled back my laughter as the lasat tries to find whoever did that. Then I see Joe come over and sees what I had done. I froze and felt my heart sink to my stomach. I'm dead. I looked at the ground nervously waiting for my punishment. Joe sighed and said, "You worked really hard, go take a break."

I was completely shocked that I looked up without permission to see him smiling nicely. Why was he being nice? I just broke something and he's giving me a break and not a punishment. I nodded so I wouldn't disobey his orders and went to sit down at an empty table. I say there still wondering why he was being nice to me. Hera comes over and sits across from me.

She handed me a drink as she nursed her own. I nodded in a way of saying 'thanks' and stared into my normal-shaped cup of water. "You deserve the break you know that right?" Hera said in her accent. I didn't know why cause it was just me and her and it didn't seem like anyone was listening. I looked up a little at Hera then back into my cup.

I set the cup aside and I saw my hands shaking. What if Joe was just pretending to be nice and then later when our master arrives, tells him what happened then I get sent to the punishment room. I felt something warm on my hand and I looked over to see that it was Hera's hand. "You're shaking," she said in her normal voice worried.

I looked up at her then pulled my hand back and set both of them on my lap. I stared at my hands and did my best to calm down and wait for my horrible punishment later. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked me in her normal tone still. I gripped my hands on my legs so I won't react in a bad way. Does she know when to just stop talking?

Why was I nice to give her that food and drink? Why am I nice to others when I am so close to getting a punishment?! My teeth were gritted together and my hands were squeezing my legs so hard that I felt like I was losing my blood flow through them. I heard Hera sigh and movement of a chair. "I'm just trying to help you feel better," she said and I calmed down then looked up at her face.

Disappointment was written all over it. "But it's obvious that you don't want it," she said sadden and walked off to go work again. I calmed down all the way and felt my stomach knot itself. This must be what guilt feels like and I hate it. I got up to go see if Joe needs my help with anything so I can keep my mind off of Hera. It was also to ignore the pain of guilt running through me. I wish my parents were here then maybe, things would be different.

I miss them so much that it hurts more worse then guilt. Wait, I'm not guilty. I need to keep telling myself that so then it will go away like I'm ignoring the pain of my parents. It will work if I just ignore the pain then I will be happy as a slave.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁