Chapter 11

Ezra's P.O.V

   "Alright, now it's your turn kid," the lasat, Zeb said. I got to know the crew a little better as we were back in hyperspace. The whole rebel crew and me were in a room they called the common room. I sat on the couch and I have to say that this was the comfiest thing I've ever been on besides my pillow bed.

   "Ok crew," Hera said and we all turned our attention to her, "Our next mission is to find Ezra's parents." "They weren't in that slave camp?" Sabine asked as she took of her helmet. I could tell she loved art just by the way she looks. "No, there were no signs of them there," Kanan said, "and that's why, until we find his parents, he is staying with us." I was taken back by the news, I knew I had no where else to go but I didn't think they would want me on their ship.

   "Ezra is going to to stay with Zeb," Hera said and I looked over at the lasat. "What?! Why is he staying with me?" He asked. "Because he can't stay with me or Hera and definitely not Kanan's room so you're the last one," Sabine explained. I was curious when she said ' not Kanan's room.' What was so important in that room the no one can go in it?

   Zeb grumbled knowing he couldn't win the war, "Fine." "Now that's settled," Hera said and looked over at Sabine, "Do you have any idea or maps of other slave camps?" "Hera, there are hundreds of slave camps and most of them aren't even the Empires," Sabine said sadly, "There is little chance at finding an exact camp they could be at." "For all we know, they could be getting moved around to different camps," Kanan added.

   I sat silently listening to the discussion and was worried that we wouldn't be able to find my parents. "Wait, Ezra, were you on Lothal your whole life?" Sabine asked me and I nodded. "So maybe we can find some information about them on Lothal from a slave trader." I perked up at the words 'slave trader' and got scared. "Relax Ezra, we aren't giving you to them," Hera said and I calmed down.

"I'll go get in contact with a Vizogo to see if he has any information," Hera added then everyone left the room expect me and Kanan. "Don't worry," Kanan said, "Your safe from those monsters so don't worry about the past anymore." I nodded and cocked my head to the side. He looked kind of familiar. Did I know him?

"Hey kid," Kanan said snapping his fingers in front of my face. I jumped then looked up at him, "You ok? It looked like you spaced out a bit." I nodded then he left. Hera walked back into the room and smiled then sat next to me. "I think I may have something," she said, "A transmission is going to be sent tomorrow about Lothal slaves. If we can catch the message then we could have a list that may tell us where your parents are."

Joy filled me up and I couldn't hold back the smile. I leaped at Hera, who let out a surprised squeak when I wrapped my arms around her. It took a second for her to return the hug and we stayed like that for a while. Hera had done so much for me that I don't know how to repay her. "Now Ezra," Hera said in a warning tone, "You have to prepare yourself cause this could be good or bad news."

I moved out of the hug and nodded my head with seriousness. She smiled and ruffled my hair, "Now, I bet you're hungry," she said and my stomach growled. I scratched the back of my neck and blushed a little from embarrassment. Hera laughed and I followed her to the room with food. "Take a seat," she said and I sat down then Hera brought over two bowls over.

I looked at the food. I never seen it before but I picked up a spoon and picked up the liquid stuff. "It's soup," Hera said, "Go on, you might like it." I put the spoon in my mouth and it was the best thing I ever tasted. I kept eating at a normal pace even with the urge to wolf down the amazing soup. "Someone really likes it," Hera teased and I nodded.

"It was my mother's recipe," Hera said sadly and I gave her a synthetic look. We both kept eating until both bowls were empty. It became silent between the two of us when nothing was being brought up. I played with my fingers as Hera cleaned the bowls. Soon a yawn escaped my lips then Hera looked over her shoulder at me. "I guess it's time for bed," she said putting the bowls away, "Come on, I'll show you where you'll stay tonight."

   I nodded and followed Hera to a cabin that I'm supposedly sharing with Zeb. She opened the door and soon a disgusting stench filled my nose. "I hope you don't mind sleeping on the top bunk," she said and I smiled reassuringly. I walked over to the bed and climbed the latter. "Zeb will be in here in a little bit and if you need anything don't hesitate to come and ask, my room is right across from this one," she said, "Goodnight." The door closed as I got comfy on the bed and closed my eyes.

   I heard the door open and I assumed that it was Zeb then I there was a shift in the bed. He probably got into his bed. After a minute or two, I finally started to doze off until some loud snoring filled the room. I looked beneath me to see the lasat snoring away in his sleep. Man, I heard snoring of others in the cells near me but not as loud as this.

   I moved around in the bed but I wasn't able to sleep. I quietly got down from the top of the bed since there wasn't any use of going to sleep. I didn't want to bother Hera for being as nice and kind as she was in giving so much so instead, I walked to the common room. I stopped when I heard voices on the other side.

   They sounded like Kanan's and Hera's voices then I heard someone crying. My curiosity got the best of my and I set my ear against the door. "I'm sorry, they knocked me out and chained me up," I heard Hera's voice muffled with sobs, "I tried to get out but it was to late." "Ssshhh.....it's ok, I believe you," I heard Kanan say soothingly. "B-But Kanan..." she paused for moment. The next two words she says shocks me. ".....I'm pregnant....."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁