Chapter 5

You all are amazing that I decided to update again.

Enjoy

////////////////////////////////////////////

Ezra's P.O.V

I woke up again to see that my meal has been delivered. I crawl over to it and start to eat. I look over to Hera's cell to see her delicate features sleeping peacefully on the pile of pillows. She had half of what I had for her meal and it didn't seem fair to me. Why are they just giving her half? Do they know if she doesn't get enough nutrition she will die?

   I looked down the halls to see guards marching towards our cells. They stopped in front of Hera's cell and one pulled out a knife. I was scared when he pulled the knife out until he banged it on the bars. I sighed, realizing that he was just trying to wake Hera up.

   Hera shot up in surprise and was given a stern look from the guards. "If you're so tired, you shouldn't stay up late and get your beauty sleep," a guard said, "even though you don't need it to be beautiful." I scrunched my nose in disgust of of these idiot guards.

   "And you two should shut your mouths before I punch them and close them permanently," Hera said in her accent glaring at the two. The guards walked off muttering something about Twi'lek women. I looked over at the brave woman that just talked back to the guards, not just once but probably three maybe four times.

   Then there was me, who doesn't talk back or disobey an order for years. The girl has guts, I had to admit it and that's what inspires me about her. Very brave, kind, and smart for any Twi'lek dancer I've ever seen or met. But what really caught my attention was her stubbornness. Very stubborn, so stubborn that she wasn't even scared of our master and I had to admit, I'm terrified of our master.

   Speaking of him, he came and stood in front of Hera's cell. "What?" She asked sassily. That wasn't a good idea. "Oh, so you think you can just talk back to me like that?" Master says then looks over to me. I immediately look down so I wouldn't make eye contact with him. He laughed a little, "Pathetic." I frowned and played with my fingers.

   "Don't call him pathetic," I heard Hera say making me look up, "Your the only pathetic fool like the others who run these places." My eyes widen and I think I could be as pale as a ghost right now. Is she brave? Or just plain stupid?! Our master was furious at her and opened Hera's cell. Master dragged her out and down the hall. I stood up and watched them walk down the hall to the punishment room.

   I heard the opening and closing of the loud metal door down the hall. I walked back until my back hit the wall. I slid down and brought my legs to my chest. This was all my fault. Hera was standing up for me and now she has to pay the consequences for it. This was the first time someone stood up for me since my parents....

   No one understood me until Hera arrived and she was the only one that wanted to be my friend. Now, she has to pay for doing the right thing and I can't do anything about it. I felt tears well up in my eyes but for some reason they wouldn't fall. A headache started to form but it didn't hurt as much as my guilt in my heart. The buzzard went off and the cell doors opened. Time for work.

Maybe if I work, then I can take my mind off of Hera. I stood up and wrapped my arms around myself protectively.

Once we were done with the crates, we went to get our pick axes and went to the cave. We dug and dug to find minerals that probably don't even form here anymore. We are just working for nothing, slaving away for nothing but soars. I stopped for a moment and looked over to see the person in charge of watching us and my master talking.

My master held a chain which lead to....oh no. Hera. I almost dropped my axe when I saw her beaten and struggling to stay on her feet. The chain was hooked around her neck like she was some animal being strangled. Hera had scratches and bruises all over her but the worst of all were the whip marks. She had a black eye and a swollen cheek, blood still dripped from most of her wounds and clothes were ripped to shreds.

My master took the chain off from around her neck and pushed her forward. Hera fell to the ground and breathed hard. "GET UP AND WORK!" My master yelled then whipped the whip on the ground making Hera flinch and stand up. She was forcefully given a pick axe and walked away. She looked around until her eyes caught mine. I looked away like I didn't see her and kept working.

"Hey," I heard a raspy voice say but I didn't turn to face Hera, knowing that it was her. I didn't want to look up at what I did to her. She didn't deserve it and now I feel shame swell up with the guilt. "Ezra," she said and I stopped. How does she know my name. "Your name is Ezra right?" She asked and I shyly nodded still digging into the rocks. "Mister bossy told me when he was torturing me to death," she said it as if it was a joke.

I didn't take it as a joke at all, I took it in every inch of seriousness I had. Yet, here is Hera, joking about the horrible pain stacking torture she has been through. Was she asking for another round to meet death quicker? I never understand women, now and probably forever. I kept working as Hera tried to work the best she could. I couldn't imagine what she had to go through to end up like this, must of been something horrible.

Once the whistle blows, we stop and go put our pick axes away. Then we head back to our cells and eat our food. I sat in front of my plate and cup of water but I didn't feel hungry. I pushed away the food, I was to guilty and sad to eat. Instead I crawled to a corner of my cell and sat in it, facing the corner so I wouldn't see Hera.

After a while, I crawled over to my bed of pillows and laid down. I roll around in my bed and find that I can't sleep. I had to many thoughts on my mind and wished they would just go away. I wish I never met Hera, then I would get some sleep and not feel as worse as she looks. I flinched at my own thought which made it even more hard to sleep. This was going to be a long night.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁