Chapter 13

Kanan's P.O.V

I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the empty spot of the bed. It was empty and I raised an eyebrow. Where did she go? I stood up and looked at the top bunk to find it empty too. Where did they go? I walked out of the room rubbing my eyes and searched for the missing boy and Twi'lek.

I walked into the common room to find the two lounging back on the couch. I smiled as Hera motherly had her arms wrapped around the boy protectively. Ezra seemed to react to it and snuggled into the hold to hide himself from the dangers. I quietly made my way to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone.

   An hour later, everyone was up and eating the breakfast that I made. Ezra seemed to pick at it and Hera urged him to try it. He looked back at the plate and took a bite out of the waffles. His brightened and he joyfully ate more. "Wow, I didn't think anyone could eat waffles faster than Zeb," Sabine teased and was given a side glare from Zeb. I smiled and kept eating.

   After everyone was done, I was on dish duty. It didn't seem fair since I made them breakfast. "Why am I washing dishes?" I asked Hera who was fixing Chopper. "To remind you to make bacon next time," she said and I rolled my eyes smiling. Hera turned Chopper back on and wiped the sweat from her forehead.

   Chopper grumpily rolled out of the common room. He doesn't like being turned off as you can tell. "Your welcome," Hera muttered. Suddenly our comms tweeted to life and Sabine's voice came through. "I got it!" She cheered and we went to the cockpit. Me and Hera met with the other three in the room. "I got the transmission," she smiled proudly.

Hera's P.O.V

   I stood close to Ezra to provide some comfort. He seemed nervous, very nervous that his hands were shaking. I interlocked my hand with his to provide some support in case the worse comes. Ezra squeezed my hand back and gave me a side glance smile. I returned the smile then we both gave our attention to Sabine.

"Alright, here we go," she said and played the transmission. The transmission played and showed different pictures of slaves with the camp and what were to be done with them. Suddenly Ezra frantically pointed at two people slave prisoners. Sabine paused the transmission and read over the details since they were in a language we didn't know.

   "Wow Ezra, your parents are true rebels," Sabine said in awe, "They started off with talking back to their masters to starting full on riots while trying to escape. It says that they burned down ten camps with the help of others but lead the slaves all the way or as close to escaping. I'm surprised and they aren't dead." I looked over at Ezra to see him smiling but his lip quivered. I let go of his hand and pulled him into a side hug.

   "Where are they being held?" Kanan asked Sabine. "Right now, they are in the Spice Mines of Kessel," Sabine said, "but they are soon going to be transferred off to somewhere." "Where in the galaxy are they going?" Zeb said annoyed. "Mustafar? I never heard of that place," Sabine said. My eyes widen and I could tell Kanan was shocked too.

"Hera, Kanan," Sabine said facing us, "What aren't you telling us?" Kanan sighed and sat down in Sabine's colorful seat thinking. "That place...." I started getting everyone's attention, "That place is where Jedi go to die." "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Zeb said. "I'm not sure," I said then I unraveled my arm from Ezra's shoulders and stood in front of him.

"Are your parents Jedi?" I asked him. He looked at the floor and gave me a shrug like he did not know. He seemed confused and trying to make sense of things. "Well," I said changing my attitude to more of confidence, "Let's go get them before anything happens to them." "I'm in," Sabine said putting her helmet on. "Where's there buckets there will be some fun conking heads," Zeb said happily. We looked over at Kanan and he stood up, "Let's do this."

I smiled then looked over at Ezra who was staring at all of us in disbelief. "You ready to go save your parents?" I asked. His disbelief faded into a smile and ran over to me wrapping his around me. I caught my balance then smiled and hugged him back. "I don't mean to intrude," Zeb said, "But aren't we running low on supplies?"

   Ezra and I parted away and that's when I remembered something. After saving the slaves, we were going to go get supplies. It totally slipped my mind after the whole Ezra ordeal. "Alright, how about you, Ezra and Sabine go out to get supplies then," I said. The three of them seemed shocked. "Hera, be reasonable," Zeb complained, "If he or me and Sabine are recognized then we will need to have a quick get away."

   "Then don't get caught," I said, "Besides, Ezra can actually get to look around at his home and not locked up." Zeb sighed, "Fine." "I'm ok with it cause I agree," Sabine said. "Do you want to go with them, Ezra?" I asked him. He seemed unsure and I can understand it because he didn't get a chance to know them yet. He doesn't have full trust in them. "If you trust me," I started, "Then you can trust them."

   Ezra nodded then he followed Sabine and Zeb to the docking bay.

Ezra's P.O.V

   "Ready kid?" Zeb asked standing at the metal wall. I nodded and watched as the wall lowered to reveal an ocean of  long dried up grass. I looked around then walked down onto the ground. I walked over to the grass and twirled it between my fingers. I smiled and moved into the gras more as it brushed against my legs. I began to walk around the grass and for the first time in forever, I felt free.

   I looked back at the ship and saw Sabine, Hera, and Kanan watching me. "Enjoying yourself kid!" Sabine yelled and I nodded liking every moment of exploring the foreign land that was my home. I had been locked behind the walls of a prison without a single thought of  what was on the other side. Now, I'm as curious as ever and want to roam around to get to know the place better.

   What was that expression that they said in the camp? Curiosity kills the lothcat? I may have killed me in the camp but now I can be as curious as I want to be. Maybe there are lothcats on Lothal if they use that expression here. I continued my little journey and made sure I didn't get to far away from the Ghost. I heard a rustle in the grass then a noise that didn't sound good. I got scared and ran back to the Ghost.

   Whatever it was, was chasing me but I made it back and hid behind Hera. A creature popped out of the grass with an angry look. It was on four legs instead of two. Weird. Then the thing calmed down as Kanan approached it and started to pet the thing. "Don't worry, Ezra," he said, "It won't hurt you." I hesitated before I felt Hera nudge me to go over.

   I walked over slowly until I was a couple of feet away. "This is a lothcat," he said, "You want to pet it?" I shook my head no. "It's ok, it won't hurt you," he said, "I promise." I gulped then knelt down and slowly reached my hand out. I closed my eyes and looked away then I flinched when something soft rubbed against my hand. I peeked my eyes open and saw the lothcat rubbing its head against my hand.

   I opened my eyes more and faced the creature with curiosity then smiled petting it. The lothcat then ran back into the grass and disappeared. I was a bit disappointed until I heard Kanan say, "It had to leave." I looked over at him with confusion. "It has a family it needs to take care of," Kanan said, "Just like how we are looking for yours to take care of you." I nodded and smiled as I stood up looking at the grass where the lothcat disappeared into.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁