Brooklyn_04

I don't know how long I've been down into my own darkness, but when I wake up, I find myself to be in the hospital. To be in a ward room. Wires are attach all over me and I could hear those annoying beeping echoing inside the room. Sighing a little, I slowly sit myself up before look around the room, to study the interior in the room. It didn't last long, as I soon to hear creaking noise from the door. My head snap up and eyes lock with pair of unfamiliar brown eyes, a man in white lab coat and he have this stethoscope hanging around his neck, clipboard in his right hand. He look at me, smiling softly before greeting me.

"How are you feeling now, Ms West?", ask the man, as he make his way to my bed.

I hums, shrugging a little before look down to the duvet that's covering half of my figure. I could hear the man writing something on the clipboard, so clearly before I look up to him.

"How long have I been admitted here? Why am I here, actually?", I ask.

The man just look at me with a warm smile, taking a seat at the edge on my bed. He look into my clipboard for quick second, then back to me but the smile still stuck on his face. I don't know if he's just being plainly mute or he's just trying to distract me with something. Narrowing my eyes dangerously to him, he soon to chuckles and nods, assuring me that I'm fine.

"You passed out, about couple days ago. Technically, you were in deep coma right after you fainted back at your home. We've run few tests and scans on you, to find that you're completely fine and healthy but there's something bit odd about your brain's activity. Like there was huge explosion happened in there. To say that you're unconscious, not exactly true. It was something very odd for us, in this jurisdiction to explain. Your brain activity showed that you were clearly indeed conscious but we just don't understand why weren't you up, by that moment. You were like so deep into something that you get yourself into something. Also, there's strange things came up on your tests' results. Your metabolism too high, like you're hard to get infected or fall sick. I even found out something really interesting about you, that you're a healer. You can heal yourself, within minutes. That metabolism inside your body tells everything.", tell the man.

I can't process anything into my head, as he said my brain looks like something just explodes inside. Humming weakly, I shrugs before look at him. He just smile, tucking a strand of my hair before nods to me. Assuring me that I'm good, he continue with the basic check up on me before fill up the empty form on the clipboard he have with him. It takes him about couple minutes to have everything all wrap up, before he pass me this red lollipop which I gladly take it from him. Thanking him, I tear the plastic off the candy and pop it into my mouth, sucking on the sweet goods in my mouth. The man just look at me with soft smile, before he informs me his comeback in couple hours time. I nods, bidding him goodbye with a short wave to him as I watch him stepping out from my room. Humming a little, I enjoy myself with the treat I received from him but I didn't realizes the uninvited visitor in the room with me 'til I hear clearing throat in the room. Tenses up, I slowly bring my head up to meet his piercing blue eyes. I jump a little in shock to see the same man that call me by the first name, as if he knows me long time before. He have this expected looks on his face, before heavy sigh escape from his lips. Dragging the plastic chair nearby him, he soon to take a seat on it as he place it next to my bed and crosses his arms against his chest tightly.

"Do you know who I am, Brooklyn?", he ask.

His voice are deep, husky but again, it seems to reminds of something that I hardly remember of. Pursing my lips tightly while my face scrunching in thinking ones, as I try to remember his face, voice or figure anywhere but nothing actually comes up to me. He sigh heavily and look at me very heartbroken, shaking his head in disbelief. Once again, I find myself startles to see someone like him, looking all tough and merciless getting himself all tears up. Sighing heavily, he shake his head to me and look at me, before sniffling hard. Wiping his nose a little, he take a huge, sharp, deep breath before opening his mouth again.

"I'm your uncle, Brooklyn. Please tell me that you remember you Uncle Thor! I'm your godfather and uncle, honey! Please try harder!", he pleads.

I get all shock, pursing my lips tightly as I look at him. What is he even talking about? Uncle? Godfather? Niece? Who is he and who am I, actually? Is it true that my biological family still alive? Where were they when I needed them, the most? Why did they left me at the orphanage house? Why only now they're coming back to my life? Why now! I don't want to do anything with them! I don't want-

"I've lost you when you were still a baby. Maybe because of that, you hardly remembered me. Even your own parents, too. Something really horrible happened back at your home, then you were gone. Your Mum passed away, the day she gave birth to you so it was only your Dad and I whose taken care of you. Your Dad lived far away from me, but it's for the safety purpose. It's to protect you from your grandfather, Odin. Your grandfather knew nothing about your existence 'til one day, an informer told him about you. He was furious, with that he issued out an order to kill you and your Dad. When I knew about it, I knew that I had to helped your Dad, to protect you. It was my job to helped him, but unfortunately, your Dad and I get caught up with the fight in the house. I was too busy fighting the guards whose trying to kill your Dad and you, but I didn't realized that you've been taken away. No one saw who took you away, but the guards accused your Dad for hiding you. He was charged of obstruction, with that he was put into jail in different planet. I've promised him to look for you, honey! I've been searching for you, for years long but all this time, you were in a care of the West's family. You were in good care of them. I only knew about your whereabouts when I overheard the guards said that your Dad had been trying to contacting your through his mystical mirror.", he explain.

For being far too speechless, it's my turn to cry now. I can't believe all of this. My own grandfather wants me dead, but I was taken away and placed in the Earth care. My so-called uncle just look at me with sad looks, before assuring me that I'm good now. Snapping my head to him, I muster the hardest glares to him which I unintentionally use my power to him, to hurt him. He scream a little, in pain which instantly snap me out from what I did. Looking at him, I feel utterly bad and about to apologizes to him, when he tell me something that sound so familiar to me. Like I've heard it before.

"You've inherited your Dad's power, I see. Transmitting pain with your mind to someone.", he smile weakly, as he pants a little.

I look at him in complete shock as he actually repeat the exact words what the man in the mirror said to me. He seems to realizes something, before look at me with narrowed eyes. Before I know, he already grab my left forearm and pull it a little towards him, turning it around so that he could look at it. Gasp soon to leave my mouth as my eyes train on the mark that was found on my skin, at my forearm. It's like a symbol, but I'm not sure what does it say. Now, when I see it, I starts to feel very odd going inside my body. It's something dark and evil thing running through my veins.

"Don't let it control you, Brooklyn. Listen to me! This mark is cursed. You can't take it off or you'll die. Your father did it, himself on you while you were sleeping back in your own bedroom.", my so-called uncle tell.

I look at the mark in disbelief, before I feel the rush of anger running inside my body. How could he do that to his own daughter? I'm about to pull my hand off his hold, but he only tightens it even more and look at me with hard gazes.

"You need to know this. About your family. You, Brooklyn Kaden West actually daughter to God of Mischief, Loki. You're the biological daughter to him and his your Dad. To say that your Dad is nothing but bad, he still have the side of being a loving, caring and protective man. Your Dad is my brother and I'm the God of thunder and lightning. Your Mum is your Dad's soulmate, whose also the Goddess of Mischief, but she died after giving birth to you. She was too sick, while in labor. I don't know, but you seem to reach your final puberty and your powers are getting more powerful, which left you with only two options. Be on your Dad's side and continue to do the destruction like he always did or have strong, self-control from the seduction of your powers and genes. Plus with the mark that he gave to you, it doesn't really help much. You might be seduce into the darkness and dangers, making you becoming more violent person. If you turning into one, the chances of your loved ones getting hurt or worse, kill, are high.", he adds.

I look at him, dead but he have his own points too. Which side do I want to choose? But I still need to meet my Dad. I want to meet him, hold him, hug him, touch him and talk with him. What if I'll lose with the temptations in the dark side? Mum and Dad, Logan, Saint, North and Luke will get hurt by me.

"T-Then what should I d-do? D-Did my family knows about all of this?", I ask.