Six: A Small Someone To Care For

Chapter 6: A Small Someone To Care For

"Mystery" Guy's POV

"Sire, your warriors have found the Princess. Shall I send word to have them bring her home?" Sadiq questioned me with his eyes down casted. I thought and considered my answer before saying anything. While it was important she came back to her homeland with the utmost haste, it must be of her own free will. And I don't see her willing to leave her family, friends, and mate peacefully. Mate, I thought sardonically, more like stupid mongrel. I felt my face scrunch up in disgust. Then I smiled. My new plan just might work, but it would take time. A few years at most, and I had more than enough patience to last a lifetime. Seeing the smirk on my mouth caused Sadiq to wince slightly. It's just as well, I thought merrily, the last time I had this smirk on my face, an entire race committed genocide. This caused me to smile even wider. Ah, memories.

"Um, Sire?" Sadiq questioned me. I looked at him expressionless. He gulped. "Is there any command that I could carry out in your name?"

"Yes. I want you to go down to the orphanage in Moqazambicu, find the most pitiful child you can, and deliver it to my mate. Also, be sure to put a spell on it to make sure that ensures its location, but is undetectable." I thought about a moment before I continued. “If you fail me, there will be no place in any realm that I will not and could not find you.” I looked at him, letting him see the death in my eyes.

He blanched. “Y-yes s-sir-r.” He bowed, and as he was getting ready to depart, I called him back.

“Yes Sire?” He politely asked, masking the terror I could smell oozing from his pores.

“I want this done with the utmost discretion. Kill the adults. I want no witnesses. Can’t have my subjects thinking their King is weak can I?” It was a rhetorical question. He wasn’t expected to answer.

He nodded his head. “But, what about the children?”

I sent a droll look his way. “Did I not make myself clear the first time?”

His eyes widened. I guess he had a conscious after all. “S-sire?”

“Kill them all.”

**********************************************************************************

Addie’s POV

I’m not entirely sure how long I sat there crying. Days? Months? Years? Most likely only a few hours. I got up to dust myself off, when I heard the rustle of some bushes. “Who’s there?” The rustling stopped. Maybe I just imagined it happening. I’m probably just too upset to distinguish the difference. But, then I heard it again. On instinct, I growled menacingly to ward off predators.

Suddenly, something tumbled out from behind the bush. It was covered in fur. Then it sat up, looked at me, and started crying. My maternal instincts kicked in so, I ran and picked it up; murmuring to it all the while. Motherly instincts? My wolf snorted. Since when did you ever have motherly instincts?

“Oh, shut up!” I mumbled. Then the little guy started moving again. I put him down to get a good look at him. He was in ragged looking clothes. Covered in fur, blue eyes, and a broken toy in his hands. “What are you doing out here little guy?” I ruffled his hair.... I think. Then he smiled at me. Showing me all of his razor sharp teeth.

“AHHH!” I tripped as I jumped backward and fell. He jumped on top of me and put his chubby finger to my lips.

“Shhh...” Then he put his hands over my eyes. I let him, knowing I could kill him if he harmed me in anyway. But, it was unlikely. Abruptly, he giggled and got off of me. When I looked at him I gasped. He’s a shifter! Well... some type. He changed his form so that he looks like a regular child. Okay, now I know what he is! A gremlin. Now he has curly blonde hair and  blue eyes. He is too cute! But then I looked at his clothes. I had seen this commercial for toddler clothes... I concentrated.

I opened my eyes when his giggles turned into full out shrieks. he was wearing the exact outfit I pictured: a blue, brown, and white plaid design shirt, some khakis, and white tennis shoes. I bent down to his level and ruffled his hair. “You wanna come and live with me little guy?” He smiled and nodded his head. “How about I call you Daniel? Do you like that name?” He nodded his head once more. Then my cell phone began to ring. As he stared at it in wonder, I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Where the Hell are you?! We can’t find you! We went to look for you in the woods, but lost your scent, so where are you now?” Aaron shouted. Instead of answering, I howled. “Gotcha! We’ll be there in a sec.” I thought it would take it hem at least a few minutes to find me, but instead it took them a few seconds.

The little guy took my phone and began playing with it. Aaron and James didn’t notice Daniel, so they glared at me. “What were you thinking, running off like that? And why didn’t you tell us!?” Just then Daniel shrieked and ran into my legs, crying. At first, I thought it was because they scared him, but then I realized it was because my iPhone 4S was broken. I rubbed his hair back and forth to calm him down. He whimpered, threw my phone on the ground, and put his hands up as a signal that he wanted me to pick him up. So I did. I hummed in his ear until I heard his light snoring in my ear.

When someone cleared their throat, I looked up to see Aaron and James seemingly stunned while gazing at Daniel and me in awe. Then James cleared his throat. “Sooo... who is he?”

“He,” I sighed looking up at my brothers. “Is a gremlin.” James eyes widened in recognition.

“So what you’re telling me is that you are holding one of the most dangerous, hyper, bipolar, and not to mention technology destroying creature in existence?!” His voice, which had gotten steadily louder as he kept talking, woke Daniel up. As he started to scream, I glared at James.

“What’s wrong with you!!! I just put him to sleep!” I ignoring them, I began to pat Daniel on the back and quietly hum to him again. Soon enough, just like before, he drifted, but not before gazing up at me and mumbling, “Mama.” He’s just too cute!

After I made sure he was asleep (once again) I glanced back up at the boys in annoyance. “Any conversation we have will be at the house after I put him upstairs in my room.” They were about to disagree, when they saw the look on my face.

“Fine,” Aaron and James sighed. “But, we will talk Addie.”

**********************************************************************************

Daniel’s POV

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Mama?” No answer. “Mama, where are you?” I sniffed the air and realized her scent was everywhere in this room. I concentrated real hard, and heard her screaming. I pictured one of those big wolverines I saw on tv, and shifted. When I made it downstairs and saw Mama’s tearstained face. I growled and lunged.

There you go guys! I have to go like right now! but I wanted to upload this for all of my fans who have been waiting so patiently for me to upload! And don’t you guys just love Daniel! I think he is sooo cute!I gotta go to to the carnival! yay!

Love ya lots,

Kay

pS: And don't forget to....

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN