Chapter 10

Hotch's POV: 

Emily and I had spent hours searching for JJ. It was Garcia who had remembered JJ speaking about a hidden spot amongst the woods that she would run away too when she was having "problems". I can't speak for Emily but I do know for certain that JJ has never confined in me about this secret place in the woods, it made me realise that throughout JJ's time in the team she hasn't really confined in me about anything. I don't know anything about JJ. Molested as a child, secret daughter? That would never of crossed my mind because as Morgan mentioned; she has showed no signs of an abused child. I'll tell you one thing though, Jennifer Jareau is one hell of an actress. 

The first thing I noticed when I found JJ was her temperature. She was most certainly below freezing, which made sense seeing as it could only be presumed that she had spent hours out here on her own without even a jacket. The least she could of done before she ran out the room was grab a jacket, but of course the JJ we all know is too stubborn to grab a jacket when she wants to escape her situation. 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, supporting her body weight while we walked back to the car. She had her face buried into my chest, avoiding any eye contact with Emily and I that would lead to some sort of explanation. I desperately wanted to ask her about Angus and how we catch the sick son of a bastard but I know that this isn't the time to bring up that monster. I glanced over at Emily who walking by JJ's side, murmuring words of support. Emily noticed me looking at her and gave a smile, well more of a half smile. I know she was thinking the same thing as me; how much damage has Angus done to JJ to turn her into a woman that neither of us has ever met. 

The drive back to the hotel seemed to take much longer than it did going out. The adrenaline must of made it seem shorter going out. Emily was shivering in the passenger seat, she had given JJ her jacket and so her long sleeved t-shirt was all she had, although it was soaked through to her skin. JJ was fast asleep in the back of the car, probably the first time she has been able to sleep for more than an hour since Angus re-entered her life. Emily was shifting around in her seat, my gut told me that she had something to say but didn't know how to say it. My gut was always right. She was fiddling around with her hands, she looks like she could do with a cigarette but as far as I know Emily doesn't smoke. But then again do I really know anyone on this team that well? 

Emily finally spoke up, she made eye contact with me, her dark brown eyes seemed a lot darker than usual, if that was possible. She had mascara running down her cheeks but I thought it was probably best not to mention it, she probably wouldn't thank me. Her and JJ are pretty close and so the fact that JJ has so many secrets that she has kept from her probably came as a shock. 

Emily's POV:

I've been playing around with my hands now for a good 30 minutes. I have so many questions. JJ; my best friend, my family. How she could keep something this big from me I will never understand. It all makes sense though, she never had people visiting her home, probably because of the extra kid she has hidden there. She never brings her personal life into her work life, claims that she doesn't want an unsub to use her family against her, which now makes complete sense, but I'm supposed to be a profiler. I'm supposed to be able to see past the walls that people but up, why didn't I notice the signs? 

I slowly lifted by head up, my eyes meeting Hotch's face. He was concentrating on driving but I know he's only thinking about JJ. "Hotch...do you think we'll get the old JJ back? Will she work through this?" Hotch was silent for a couple minutes. He was trying to string together a sentence to assure me that JJ is strong and can work through this. 

"She'll pull through, she's stronger than Angus. The bastard can't degrade her." Hotch explained, quickly glancing at the mirror to check that JJ was still asleep. 

"I sure do hope so, if not for herself than for her kids." I replied, looking over my shoulder and smiling at her. She was curled up on the back seat, holding her hands up to her face, shielding herself from anything or anyone that may approach her when her defence is down. 

"Kids huh?" Hotch responded, a dark look crossed over his eyes. I knew exactly where he was heading but still, I never expected him to say it. "So would this be the kids that she has told us about? Henry and Michael? Or would Isabella be counted within her kids too? The child that she has hidden from us because of who her biological father is? The child produced through rape." 

I didn't even respond to what he said. I know he's angry but to take it out an innocent child is one step too far. 

JJ's POV:

The abrupt stop of the car soon woke me up from my sleep, which was quite disappointing because I honestly can't remember the last time I slept that well. I brushed my hair back off my face and lifted myself up from the backseat, I've only been awake a few minutes but I can already sense the tension between Emily and Hotch. At this point I really couldn't care less about what they were arguing about, I just want to go back to my bed. Or the hotel bed anyway. At least the rain had stopped anyway. 

Emily and Hotch were walking a few paces in front of me. Emily kept looking back over her shoulder, trying to hide the fact that she was making sure I was still there. As if I'd make a run for it again, after running for what seemed like forever the last thing I want to do is do that again. You'd think she's realise that. 

My legs felt a lot heavier than when I was back in the woods, the door to the hotel felt a lot heavier than it had when I had fled the hotel. Everything seemed to be exhausting me. 

I paced through the halls of the hotel towards my room, we all had connecting rooms within the hotel and therefore Emily and Hotch were still within my eyesight, still as tense as ever. They were already like an old married couple. Emily went into our room first, she completely stopped in her track, forcing me to walk right up the back of her. I sure as hell didn't thank her for that, I just want to go to my bed and sleep. I can't be dealing with her inability to walk for more than 2 minutes without suddenly stopping with no flipping warning. Just as I was about to yell at her to get out my way and let me sleep I heard something. Like a murmur. It was so quiet I don't think I would of even noticed if I had been chatting to someone. I walked around Emily, glaring at her as I went past, but what I next saw I never in a million years expected. My heart basically fell out my arse, and excuse my French but it took me by surprise. Looking back at me was a girl, a teenage girl. "Bella.....Bella what the hell are you doing here?! I told you not to let your brothers out of your sight! Especially when you're with your Nana!" Just as I was getting started Henry ran out with Spencer, my mother holding Michael in her arms. "Mum? Seriously I asked you to do one thing. One thing mum! It really isn't that hard to keep my kids from my work!" I took one last look at my mum and then stormed out my room. I don't care if I'm acting like a hormonal teenage girl. I told her under no circumstance was she to bring my kids into my work life and she did.