Chapter 13

Isabella's POV: 

My eyes slowly flickered open, darkness was all around me. My hands were tied together and I was lying in an awkward position. It was such a small space, I feel the pins and needles in my legs. How long have I been here? Where even am I? I feel like I'm moving, bumping. My eyes were  gradually adjusting to the darkness, slowly making out my own surroundings. I held my arms up but they wouldn't straighten. I keep banging on the ceiling..the roof... but no one can even hear me. I'm trapped in this car boot, no one will ever find me. 

I'm trying to think about all the crime books and films that I have watched. What would a normal person do if they found themselves tied up in the boot of some random mans car? My feet aren't tied together so maybe if I kick hard enough I can knock out one of the back lights.  It's a long shot but I'm not some sitting duck. 

I kicked and kicked but it just wasn't budging. I refuse to cry though, I'm not going to show any weakness. One deep breathe... AND KICK.....another deep breathe...AND KICK...the first sign of light shone through the crack in the light and into the boot of the car. It was small but it was a start. I kept on kicking until their was a large enough hole for my hand to fit through. But then this is where the problem starts. My hands are tied, how the heck am I meant to fit one of my hands through when they're both tied together. Ok think Bella...come on!! I scooted towards the broken light, lifting my hands up so the jagged glass could cut through the rope. I quickly moved my hands back and forth but nothing was happening. The rope was tearing but not quick enough, I don't have hours. Then suddenly the car came to a stop. This is it. I'm so done for when he finds out I've tried to escape. He's going to kill me. 

I can hear his footsteps. They're heavy and they're fast. Is he running? The boot swung open, the light was painful on my eyes. I looked up at his face, my eyes were squinting because of the light. He looked old, his hair was almost grey and it didn't appear to be brushed. His beard was unshaven and he looked like he was sweating. I contemplated running, he didn't look capable of running for the bus, but if he caught me I'd be dead for sure. This guy was massive, I've never seen someone so big! 

Suddenly his hands reached out towards me, I tried to move out his reach but I couldn't go any further back. He roughly pulled me up onto my feet, he was a good foot taller than I was and easily twice my weight. Should I scream? I really don't see the point. It's all just trees, millions and millions of trees. At least he didn't seem mad about the broken light. Maybe he won't kill me yet. Maybe mom and the team will have enough time to find me. 

We walked for about a mile then reached some house in the middle of the woods. It didn't look like anyone lived there. The windows were boarded up and the dust was beginning to grow dust on its back. The man pushed me up the 5 steps that led to the front door, I fell on my knees and grazed them. Their wasn't much blood but it could easily become infected and I doubt he carries a spare first aid kit. 

JJ's POV:

It was now long gone 9pm and I still hadn't heard anything from Bella yet, which was strange because she would always come to apologise. I hope she isn't becoming stubborn, or more stubborn than she already is. 

Emily and Penelope were both in a heated discussion about cats and dogs. Personally I like cats better but then again I never have had a pet so what do I know. I feel like I should go back to my own hotel room and check up on Bella, but if she doesn't want to talk and I go over there she's probably not going to shower me with warm words. Then again I am her mom and when I want to talk we talk, she's the child I'm the adult. I cleared my throat and stood up, Emily and Penelope looked over at me; " Guys I think I'm going to head back to my room now, I should probably go and try to fix things out with Bella. This avoiding each other thing isn't the best solution. Thanks for the company though and I really appreciate you's letting me rant to you. It helps me out a lot." Emily and Penelope replied to me with a smile, and Pen quickly embraced me in a warm hug. Making me promise I would allow her around once we had fixed things out so she could meet her niece. I quickly nodded my head and then left their room. 

I walked through the door of our hotel room but something didn't feel right. The hairs on my arms were standing up, I felt a chill travel through me from head to toe. My eyes traced the entire room but she wasn't here. I can see her phone and her shoes but not Bella. She wouldn't leave somewhere without her shoes and especially not her phone. I looked over the entire room, even in the bathroom but she wasn't here. Something is seriously wrong I know it. 

I pulled out my own phone from my pocket and phoned up Penelope. There must be cctv or something in this hotel. Something must show me what has happened to her, or someone must know. I mean she was mad but not mad enough to just leave without taking her freaking shoes. 

"Pen? Pen I think we have a problem. Can you pull up cctv or something for this hotel?" 

"Cctv? Why do you want cctv? What's happened JJ? Are you ok? Are the kids ok?" 

I took one deep breathe. Of course Garcia would freak out, it's in her nature. Would it be better for her if I told her that Bella has just disappeared? Well at least this way she'd know one to look for. "It's Bella. I came back to our room like I said I would but she's not here. All her stuff is here like her coat, shoes, phone and books but she's not. I know it sounds like I'm overreacting but I know something is wrong. My gut is telling me something is seriously wrong here." 

"Ok...ok...I'll just um hack into the hotel's cctv, check over all the exits and if Bella has left this building I will find her." 

My heart's racing, any minute now it will explode out of my chest. Something has happened to my kid. I know it.