Haunted by the Ghost of Charlotte Potter Ch.42

Flashback

It was almost midnight.

Almost time for Charlotte to drink the polyjuice potion, and use flu powder to go to Egypt.

"Are you sure that you're going to do this?" Nate asked with a little bit of anger in his voice.

Charlotte slowly nodded, "I'll be back before the last potion wears off."

Talia sighed, and stared into her friend's eyes, "I can't believe Collin told you about the little experiment potion he created."

Collin scoffed at Talia, "Hey! I was being a good friend for her. What was I suppose to do?"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe 'Everything's going to be alright. Just trust Fred'." Lucas said imitating Collin in a weird voice.

Collin glared at Lucas.

"I do not talk like that."

"Whatever," Nate said looking back a Charlotte, "But, you do know that by drinking that potion might have a major side effect on you right?"

She nodded her head.

"I can handle it. But, if something does happen you'll know since you'll be watching me from your mirror."

Nate nods his head still uncertain.

'Charlotte,' He thought in his head, 'I hope you know what you're doing.'

The clock struck 12.

Everyone looked at the clock knowing it's time.

Charlotte sighed, and looked back at them, "Well, I guess I'll see you guys Monday."

Talia gave Charlotte a hug, and released her grip after a few minutes.

Charlotte then took out a vial and opened it.

She looked down at the liquid in thought, then drank it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Charlotte?!" Fred exclaimed loudly at the girl.

Charlotte looked at Fred confused, and a little frightened.

"Yes?" She said.

Fred looked at Charlotte up and down.

Peach skin, radiant red hair, and big brown eyes.

This is the Charlotte Potter he knows, and maybe loves.

'But, why isn't she a ghost?' He thought to himself as he continued to check Charlotte out.

Charlotte felt kind of creeped out by Fred's actions.

"Alrighty then," She said awkwardly, "I guess I should be going now."

She turned her back away from Fred, and started to walk off without another word.

Fred was dumbstrucked.

"Bloody Hell." He said to thin air.

"Fred, what's wrong with you?" George appeared behind him.

Fred started to turn slowly to face his twin brother.

"Mate, you're scarring me. It looks like you've seen a ghost." He said shaking his head at Fred.

"You have no idea." He mumbled and walked back inside his room.