Naruto x Chuunin! Male Reader: Hero

As (Y/N) was about to walk home, he noticed the village people started with their sick 'fun' again or more like 'beating-the-hell-out-of-Naruto'. (Y/N) never likes it when people does this to the poor child and he's greatly disappointed to the other shinnobis of the leaf participating in this twisted play.

Setting his grocery bags down on a bench, he appeared in front of Naruto, just in time to save him from a stab in the stomach. He kicked the knife away and stayed in front of Naruto in a protective manner.

"Get out of there, (L/N)! Don't protect that monster!" one villager yelled that made (Y/N)'s blood boil in anger.

"Monster?! Ha!" he chuckled bitterly and looked at Naruto, all bruised up and couldn't even open his eyes properly.

"You are sorely mistaken for calling Naruto-kun a monster. You!" he pointed randomly at the crowd before glaring at the people.

"You are the real monsters! Beating up a clueless person because of a tragedy that have happened years ago.. Do you think it will bring back the dead?! Do you think beating up Naruto will bring back something that is impossible?! You guys are a disgrace to the Hidden Village of the Leaf. You should've been the ones who died during the attack! Because all of you are stuck up brats with that knows nothing.. You are worse than scums." he spat out angrily and lifted Naruto up while the boy tried to look at his hero but he couldn't since his eyes are in bad condition. (Y/N) smiled sadly and kissed Naruto's forehead as he brought him to the hospital.

"I'm sorry Naruto.. I should've saved you sooner." was all the words Naruto heard before darkness claimed him.

Timeskip(⊙o⊙) Three days later~

(Y/N) visited Naruto whenever he can and would bring him dresh fruits and any food he can buy on his way. Naruto was surprised that someone would care for him as much as (Y/N) did. He's confused as to why (Y/N) would invest time on him every single day during his stay on the hospital yet it makes him real happy inside.

"(Y/N)-san? Why do you always visit me? Why did you save me? Why do you care so much about me?" he asked and (Y/N) stopped peeling the apples momentarily before looking at Naruto, his (e/c) eyes shone bright and Naruto couldn't help but admire how beautiful they are.

"The reason why I always visit you is because I don't want you to feel alone anymore. You've been alone all your life and it hurts seeing you like that.. I saved you because I couldn't bear the sight of you being hurt. And I'm taking care of you because I've been meaning to do that ever since I saw you. It feels like I would go crazy if something bad happens to you." (Y/N) explained and Naruto blushed at the other male's words. He couldn't believe that someone would be so nice to him. It made his heart swell with joy.

Without any warning, Naruto hugged the taller male and tears of joy leaked from his eyes. (Y/N) hugged the boy back and was a bit hesitant to let go.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-san. Thank you for being my hero." Naruto mumbled softly and looked up at the (h/c) haired male with a sincere smile on his face. (Y/N) smiled back and wiped Naruto's tears away and kissed his forehead.

"I will always be your hero, Naruto. Till the day I die, I will always protect and take care of you." (Y/N) replied and Naruto looked up at him with a confused look on his face.

"And why would you protect me until the day you die, (Y/N)-san? I'm not that important." Naruto said and (Y/N) looked at the boy's blue eyes.

"It's because you are important to me. You're like a treasure to me.. And most importantly, I love you, Naruto. So much." the (h/c) haired male confessed even though it's awkward that he's 19 and Naruto is just 13.

Naruto was speechless after hearing the confession from the male he adored so much. The male that served as his inspiration to hold on and the male who saved him from his hell. He smiles and kissed the side of (Y/N)'s lips gingerly. He blushed and looked at (Y/N).

"I love you, too, (Y/N).."

Word Count: 763