| Amnesia | A MinecraftUniverse One Shot

When I open my eyes, something inside of me was telling me that I was finally safe. Yet it didn't seem safe, the black ashen and dark sky told me that. But why did I feel safe? I close my eyes feeling exhaustion take over me accompanied but the occasional shiver from the cold breeze. But before I could rest a pair of worried voices calling my name called out in the distance. I open my eyes staring at the sky. I sigh a little making me see my own breathe. I recognize those voices. I push myself up and look at the horrific scene laid out all around me. I woke up in the middle of a war zone. I look at myself seeing blue and red blood splattered on my clothes, not very serious cuts on my arms and I can feel a cut on my cheek with dry blood staining my cheek and neck from the cut. I meet eyes with the two people calling my name but when I finally see them. I can't put a name to them, I can't recall a memory to them actually. But I know their voice is one I heard a lot. They run over to me, sometimes almost tripping over dead bodies, they both are talking at the same time acting like I'm some long lost friend that came back from the dead this instant. They spoke to me of people that were worried about me, that I have been missing for three days. The people they mention have to be ones I probably knew but like everything else right now, they slipped from my memories forever. I stare at the two people in front of me, trying to remember who they are but once I try a massive migraine on the right side of my head takes over instead. I groan and put my hand on that side of my head feeling a big bump there. I wince and close my eyes. Moments later and I feel fingers go between mine touching the bump on my head. I open my eyes hearing the girl gasp.

"Don't you recognize us?" She asks me. I stare at her, not wanting to tell her the truth. But when I look around us seeing the hundreds of dead bodies scattered around us I can't help but wonder what the hell happened here because I can't remember a thing. I look at the two now worried people sitting infront of me.

"W-What happened? What...What's going on? Who are you two?" I ask them. They look at each other and then at me.

"This isn't good. He has amnesia." The girl said. I wince at the throbbing in my head and feel nauseous all of a sudden. "Well I'm Annabelle and this is Devin." I drown out the rest of the conversation and focus on my own thoughts even though doing that seems impossible with this migraine. Annabelle snaps her fingers in front of my face a few times pulling me out of my thoughts and I look at the girl. "Are you listening?"

"N-No." I groaned. Devin chuckles.

"Typical." He said. Annabelle takes my hand and pulls me up to my feet no matter how much I protest. Devin catches me as I stumble to the left. He puts my arm around his neck. "Lets get you back home then."

After we finally get out of the war zone I start to feel a dizzy and I think Annabelle can see it because she stops us from moving. I look at her but Devin talks instead of her.

"Annabelle we are close to the base, he can make it." Devin said. Annabelle looks at me with doubt in her eyes but I look away from her not answering because I feel like if I talk I will pass out. I just want to sleep, I want to let this exhaustion take over me. We continue walking and I look ahead seeing a wall and a city built on the mountain and at the base of it. I see banners flying on the guard towers, but the symbol on the flag isn't something I recognize. The guards at the gate notice us and start talking. But as we near the gate, black spots start to cloud my vision and I lean forward a little stumbling as well taking Devin with me. Devin puts his hand on my chest to steady me. "Calm down. Calm down. What's wrong?" We stay still and Devin puts my other arm over his shoulder. He looks at Annabelle. "Go get help now. He isn't gonna make it inside." Annabelle runs to the gate as my knees give and Devin and I both go down on our knees. Devin holds me up. I wince in pain as exhaustion takes over me. I fall onto my side on the ground and Devin grabs my shoulder. "No. No. No. No. Jason." I take deep breathes as it feels like my throat is closing up. "Jason." I think I hit the other side of my head off the ground because I can feel pain in the left side of my head now. I close my eyes as air starts to leave my lungs and doesn't come back in sometimes. "Hurry up! He hit his head really hard so be careful." Cold hands work themselves under my limps and they lay me on my back on something soft. I rest my head to the side.

"Lift." A voice said. I feel the ground leave my back and the fabric almost enclose around me and then we start moving. But as we move, I notice the lost of feeling in my limbs. I hear a lot of voices and when I open my eyes the top of the iron gate flies over me. I close my eyes again hating the sudden burst of pure light hitting my face. The sun feels warm in this cold weather. I drown out voices and focus on breathing which is turning very hard. Is this what dying is? I hear doors burst open and as they begin to talk about me I feel the last speck of life drain out of me and letting my consciousness slip forever.