| Defibrillator | A SSundee One Shot

| Defibrillator |

Police and ambulance sirens roar as they draw near a small crowd of people and a car in the middle. You grip Ian's arm.

"Wake up. Wake up Ian!" You cry. You look up seeing blood staining the left side of his face and also the hood of the big truck. You push Ian on his back and lay your hand on his neck. "I-Ian." You hear the ambulance and police siren draw close and flashing red and blue lights break through the darkness and tires screech as they come to a stop. The crowd around you disperses and a paramedic comes running over to you talking to you. They grab your arms and push them off Ian. You look at the paramedic. "He got hit by a truck! He's not breathing!" A police officer pulls you away as two paramedics go down next to Ian. You look away, feeling tears falling down your cheeks. You look at Ian seeing his shirt was cut in half and one of the paramedics is pushing on Ian's chest. You bite your bottom lip wondering how this night went so wrong, so quickly. You hear talking and you look behind you seeing kids talking. You look back at Ian seeing them with a defibrillator out now. You shutter when you hear it charge up and look away before they could use it on him.

"Again." One of them said. That's when you notice the police officer is actually talking to you but you ignore them keeping your eyes on Ian as they use the defibrillator again with no results.

"Come on Ian. Come back." You said quickly and hopeful.

"One more time." They said. You take a step towards Ian as you see them press the paddles on Ian's torso and Ian takes a deep breath you instantly push pass people and run down next to Ian.

"Ian!" You cry. The paramedic looks at you as the other places thick cloth on a wound on Ian's forehead.

"Let's get him inside quickly." They said. The paramedic looks at you. "You family?" You shake your head.

"I'm his friend." You said.

*The Next Day*

You pick your head up from your hands as you hear Ian groan. You look at him. You get up and walk next to him as his eyes open and flicker to yours.

"What...What happened?" He asks. You smile a little.

"You got hit by a truck. You're lucky to be alive." You said. Ian turns his head away as Amy, Ian's wife, comes walking in with tears on her face. She gasps and walks over to him.

"L-Look at you, my baby." She said. She sits on Ian's bed. Her hand traces Ian's face careful not to touch his injuries. "You're all broken." She bend down and hugs Ian. Ian groans slightly and she gets off. "I-I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner. I--" You look at her.

"He just woke up." You said. Amy kisses Ian's cheek. Ian coughs and then looks at you.

"I-I was being an idiot, w-wasn't I?" He asks. You shake your head.

"No, the driver was drunk Ian. He went onto a sidewalk and hit you before he passing out drunk on the scene." You said. Amy looks at you.

"You're pressing charges right?" She asks before she looks at Ian. Ian sighs.

"N-No." Ian said. You cross your arms.

"You should." You said. Ian coughs a few tikes and groans in pain. Amy puts her hand on his waist staring at him.

"Alright. That's your choice. You need anything?" She asks.

"W-Water." He said. You uncross your arms.

"I'll get that and the doctor." You said before you leave the hospital room.