| You Won't Suffer Alone | SetoSolace One Shot

I got real bored and wrote this....

| You Won't Suffer Alone |

My legs were shaking and I was panting heavily. But I held him closer to me as I continued to run, I could feel his blood staining my clothes but that didn't matter to me, all that matter was getting him help. Than my leg gave out and I collapse to my knees. No. No, I can't be weak. Not now. I could hear Seto's uneven breathing. I hold Seto tighter. I try to stand back up but I just fall back down.

"B-Br-Brice?" Seto asked weakly. I look at his face.

"Don't speak Seto, you need to save your strength." I said on the brink of tears. Seto's eyes open revealing his bloodied left eye and his dark brown right. I know we are miles from any sort of help, but I just don't want to lose him like this. Than the tears come down my face as I hear explosions behind me. I limp over to some trees and Seto winces.

"I-It h-hu-hurts, B-Brice." Seto said weakly. I sit down at the foot of a tree and I just wrap my arms around Seto, holding him close to me. I grip his hand in mine.

"I know it does. I know. I'm sorry, but I'm right here. I'm right here for you." I said to him. He puts his forehead against my neck and squeezes my hand lightly, his strength must be already gone. I cry softly into his soft hair as I rub his arm. "I'm sorry it hurts. Just go to sleep, the...the p-pain will stop. I promise, just sleep." Seto coughs up blood on my shirt, which I don't mind at all. I hug him tightly as I see people notice us. I stare at them and I grip Seto's hand. "Stay away from us!" Seto's head picks up slightly but I put it back into place. "No. It's nothing. Go to sleep, please. You'll be okay." He winces, groaning in pain. I know it might seem harsh telling him to die. But I don't want him to be suffering anymore like he is right now. He's breaking my heart. I stare at enemies as they come towards us. Seto takes a few quick breaths which I feel against my neck and than he winces. He groans and coughs withering in pain.

"O-Ow, B-Brice. M-Make it s-stop h-hurting, p-please." Seto begged weakly. I grip his hand.

"Go to sleep, it will stop. It will stop hurting, I promise." I said to him. Than I see our friends come to fight the enemies. Seto coughs up more blood on me and I flinch slightly. I wipe blood from his lips and his chin. His body starts to tremble.

"I-I-I'm s-so-sorry." He said.

"No. No. It's okay. It's fine. Just try to calm down and fall asleep." I said to him. Seto grips my hand. He opens his eyes revealing his bloodied left eye that still has blood dripping down on his cheek and his other dark brown eye. I smile at him.

"I-I'm c-co-cold." He said. I rub his arm.

"I know. I know. It will pass." I said softly. He coughs again. His hand lets of mine and he pants. Our friends finish the fight and look over at us seeming upset. Matt comes over to us.

"Brice, we can try to save him." He said. I look at him and than at Seto. Seto's eyes are closed and his breathing is uneven.

"Seto, hey." I said. He winces. I grip his arm and than I look at Matt. "Bring them quick. He  doesn't have much time." Matt gets up and runs away.

"C-Can we g-go ho-home?" Seto asks me. I look at him.

"Y-Yeah. But we need to get you fixed up first." I said to him. He winces and coughs. I can't carry Seto anywhere, I had hurt my ankle earlier and now its biting me in the ass.

"I...I....Brice." Seto said.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Wh-Why are y-you crying?" He asks weakly. I see Tess coming.

"Hurry up Tess!" I yelled. I prop Seto against the tree. I put my hand under his chin and lift his head up so he looks at me. "Tess is coming. You're gonna be okay." Seto gives me a weak smile before he coughs and than close his eyes. I see his breathing slow down. Tess falls to her knees next to Seto and puts her hands up towards him mumbling a healing spell. I put my hand on Seto's cheek seeing the cuts and blood disappear. I look at his major wound in his stomach. I press my hand against it, letting his head rest against my shoulder. I see the others come. Tess hovers her hands over his stomach wound. I put my hand on Seto's neck and my eyes widen.

"Tess, he's not breathing." I said. Tess puts her hands under the cuts in his shirt and mumbles a spell. I close my eyes as she says it again. "Come on, Seto. Come back." Tess stops trying and I look at her.

"It's over." She said crying. "He's gone." I look at Seto and put my arms around him feeling tears fall down my face. I bite my bottom lip. Matt takes steps towards us.

"He's in a better place, he was in so much pain, Brice. Tess couldn't have healed him all before she ran out of magical energy." Matt said. I nod. I know he is, and I hated that he was suffering. I close my eyes, holding him close to me. I just wanted him to not feel so alone in his last moments. I wanted him to know that we fixed everything, but now he'll never know, because he's gone.