| What Happened? | Mitch x Reader One Shot: Continuation

Continuation of the last Mitch X Reader one shot because why the hell not..

You woke up, feeling Mitch asleep against your right side and his breath against your nape that makes you blush. You smile a little, kissing his forehead. But than last night's events play through your head making you worried. You hear Mitch take in a deep breath and his arms bringing you against him.

"Morning, hun. Come on, time to get up." You said. Mitch doesn't respond, but he does try to fall back asleep, while you try to get out of bed but he won't let you leave.

"Ten more minutes, (Y/N). Ten more. That's all I want." Mitch said to you, pulling your back against his chest and nestling his head in you neck. You feel his lips kiss your neck lightly making you smile. He picks his head up as you move your back halfway onto the bed, you look at him.

"You have work."

"Took sick day. Jerome can handle training alone. I wanna be with my favorite girl today." He said to you making you smile. He kisses your nose making you giggle. "So I better go to her right now." He moves away form you slightly, making you lose your smile.

"Heeeeyyyy." You said. He looks at you.

"I was kidding, (Y/N). You take things too seriously." He said. You sit yourself up, he presses his forehead against yours, your eyes connecting with his dark brown ones. "Of course your are my one and only girl." You smile, blushing. He snakes him arms around you, pulling you into his lap. You close your eyes, snuggling in against him as he holds you. But an image of him crying flashes through your mind. You pick your head up, looking at him.

"Mitch. What happened last night?" You ask him. He loses his smile, his eyes looking away from yours.

"Can we please not talk about that? I rather not share." He said. You kiss his cheek, your hand touching his other cheek as he doesn't even react to yours efforts.

"Alright, so lets go make some breakfast than." You said getting out of his lap.

"Cooking?" Mitch asks. You nod turning around and facing him.

"Come on, I want pancakes." You said. You take his hand into yours and you both go downstairs, him tickling you every so often making you laugh and smile and he smiles as well.

His arms hook around your waist as his chin planted on your shoulder. You flip the pancakes on the stove, resting your head against his.

"You aren't doing that right." He said.

"I'm not gonna let you do this because you'll make it hit the ceiling." You said smiling. He smiles, his hands slipping under your shirt as you pick up the frying pan. He tickles you. "M-Mitch! Stop!" You put the pan back on the stove, laughing. He stops.

"Aww...Bummer." He said. You push him away from you.

"Go sit your cute little butt down." You said as you grab the frying pan. He leans against the counter behind you, making you nervous. "Are you sure they are okay with you taking a sick day?"

"Yes. I told Jerome that yesterday and he was fine with it." He said.

"Because of what happened last night?" You ask him. You glance at him, seeing him looking upset. "I know what you are doing, Mitch. You think I will just forget that you cried last night, but I won't because than what kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't try to make you feel better about this."

"A good one." He said quietly. You turn halfway, looking at him.

"I know how important your family is to you, and I have met them before, so why did they cut you off?" You ask him. He doesn't look at you. You put more pancake batter in the pan. You turn around and kiss his cheek as your hands go down his arms. "Come on, you'll always mean the world to me, hun. And I want to know what upset you so much that you started crying. I know how much you hate crying." He doesn't speak, making you chew on your bottom lip. "If you won't tell me, I'll go ask your sisters for the story because you won't tell me." His eyes flicker to yours, staring at you for a few moments.

"They weren't happy with my lifestyle anymore. The army...They saw it as a type of suicide I was trying to commit." He said quietly. You look down at the floor, thinking and than you look back up at him.

"Well I'm not too happy on your job either but I'm not gonna leave you because of it. If you want to be a General, a hero like you all are, than I'm happy for you because it makes you happy. Sure I'm not okay with it when you get hurt, but......You don't need to worry about losing me." You said to him. He smiles a little, his arms pulling you into a hug. You put your arms around his center, resting your head on his chest.

"I always worry about that, because you are all I have left now." He said to you making you smile a little. You feel his hand leave your back. "I was gonna hold this off for a few days, but...I think right now is good."

"Hold off what?" You ask him, your arms sliding down to rest limp around his hips.

"We've been dating for about two years now, (Y/N). I'm not exactly very good at this sort of thing. But um..well.." He said before he pulls out a small black box. You take it, looking at it and than at him. You open it up,  gasping slightly. "I can't exactly get down one knee with my injured knee, but--" You turn to him, smiling when you see he is clearly embarrassed about all this and not looking at you.

"That's fine. You look cute when you are embarrassed." You said. His cheeks turn pink when he looks at you.

"You'll marry me?" He asks you. You smile, gripping the box.

"Of course I will, Mitch." You said. He smiles and takes the box from you. You put one of your arms around his neck as his slips the ring on your finger before he pecks a kiss on your lips. You put your hand on his cheek, pressing your forehead against his as he pulls your hips as his, his arms resting around your waist. You both smile at each other.

"Did I do good in picking a ring? My sisters and the lady at the store helped me pick one out." He asks you. You nod at him.

"I love it." You said. He suddenly chuckles.

"And guess what else." He said.

"What?"

"Food is burning." He said. Your eyes widen as you turn around, you quickly get the pan off the store while Mitch laughs. You grab the spoon in the batter bowel, splatter him with some makig him stop as batter is splattered against his shirt and face. "Its on now." He grabs the bowel.

"Bring it, Mitchy." You said as you grab the other bowel, trying to get away but he has his arm hooked around your hips. You try to pry his arm off before you feel him pull you towards him.

"No!" You cried laughing as you see him grab the bowel. He gets it over your head, pouring it all over you and himself as well but most of it gets on you. "Nggh! You're lucky you are adorable." He puts the bowel back on the table, his arms going around you to pull himself against your back. You move batter off your face and look at him. "You are cleaning this up."

"You started it, I just finished it." He said. You smile and he does as well. Your hands resting on his arms around you. You try to kiss him but he pulls back. "Nice try batter lips." He lets go of you, you instantly turning around and you jump on him pushing him onto the floor on his back and kissing him. He groans into it as you land on him, but kisses you back. You sit on his waist breaking it, your hands going flat on the batter covered floor. You smile at him.

"I slipped." You said.

"Yeah sure." He said. He sits up, you rest your arms over his shoulders. You laugh when you see batter all over his back. You slip your hands on his neck before you lean down and kiss him. He kisses you back but than you smell something burning. He snickers and your eyes widen again. His hands pull you back into place as you try to save the food. "I'll take you out for breaksfast, how about that?" You smile.

"Sounds good."

So was that a little bit happier?