0.3

millie
i dashed through the halls in frantic search for my locker. if i was looking at something, it would hide my face. and my current existence.

i felt a warm breath on my shoulder, which meant someone was close. i turned around to see the one person i didn't want to right now:

"millie," finn started. "i got your note. what exactly do you know?" he looked sour, and was probably angry.

"here," i handed him a slip of paper. "this is my number. we can meet up, and i can tell you everything i know."

being friday, i was able to go home with ease and relax without homework. maybe i could finish the book i was reading.

i walked onto the bus, taking a seat up front. someone asked to sit next to me. "sure." i mumbled.

"i'm peyton," she smiled, causing me to look up. "and you are?"

"oh," i brushed hair out of my eyes. "i'm millie." she placed her hand out for me to shake, and when i grabbed hers, her grip was quite strong.

"nice to meet you, millie! i don't really have any friends," she paused. "at this school." i nodded in agreement, because frankly, nor did i.

"wanna be friends?" she shrugged, cheesily smiling. i smiled at her, shaking her hand once more.

"friends."

the bus then pulled up to my street where peyton also got off at the same stop. "you live on roseberry lane too?" i asked. i'd never particularly noticed her.

"yeah," she brushed dust off of her shoulder. "i don't usually get noticed by much anyone when i get off the bus though."

"same." i laughed, switching my hold on my bag to my other shoulder. "i just wanna be noticed by one person though..." i trailed off.

"and who's that?" she asked, tapping my arm. i sighed.

"his name," i paused. "is finn wolfhard."