0.9

millie
i leaned my head to the side, and it touched finn's shoulder. "can i lean here?" i asked, pointing at his shoulder.

"did you even have to ask?" he said, leaning his shoulder towards me a bit more.

"seriously though," he said, turning to face me with his shining brown eyes. "you'll be spending the whole day here. i wanna make it special to you."

"so um, what are we gonna do exactly?" i asked, twiddling my thumbs and pushing the plate aside.

"my mom doesn't want us back until 2:00, or lunch time to be exact." he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"i'm taking you to the gas station." my eyes widened in confusion. what fun could possibly be had at a gas station?

he pulled me out of the door, and there was an uber waiting outside. "you sure planned all of this out, didn't you?" i asked, and he nodded back, opening the door for me.

we hopped into the uber and he began small talk with the driver. "thanks again, pedro."

"anytime, finn, my man!" their conversation sounded so hilariously fake but i loved it.

i kept my hands behind my back the whole ride, until 'pedro' pulled up to the gas station. finn began to pull money out of his pocket.

"no, you don't gotta pay, man. this one's on me!" pedro high fived finn before we hopped out of the car.

"yeah, i know him pretty well." finn said, pushing open the door to the gas station.

"what are we gonna buy?" i asked, eyeing the soda and drinks. he put a finger over my lips.

"we aren't buying anything, mills. you thought you were the bad one around here." he chuckled. "we're stealing it." my eyes widened.

"also, i'm sure you know sadie," he said, catching my attention. "she's gonna help me with something."

i grabbed a soda. "how would we steal this?" i whispered to finn, pointing at the small bottle of carbonated liquid.

"give it to me." he said, shoving it in the side pocket of his flannel tee. "also this." he said, grabbing a candy bar.

we walked out gingerly when the cashier stopped us. "you guys didn't buy anything..." she said, with her cracking voice.

"w-we just had to use the bathroom." i said, smiling at the older woman. she smiled back.

when we exited the store, i started talking quickly within seconds. "oh my god, i feel so guilty."

"you shouldn't, millie." he said, placing a kiss on my lips. "it's all part of having fun."

we walked around back of the station to see sadie. "hey finn, i got the- oh hey mills!" sadie's face turned red.

"it's fine, i'll tell her. here's the money." he handed my best friend a twenty and she handed him a bag of white powdery stuff.

"is that flour?" i asked, poking the bag. "it feels sort of like sugar or flour, you know?"

"um, sort of something like that. remember what you told my mom about? um, i get that from sadie." my face turned into a confused expression.

"sadie? i know her too well! she doesn't do drugs!" i said, defensively. he opened his mouth to fire back.

"well sometimes, you don't really know a person until you see what they really do." finn shot back. my eye watered up.

"no, no. don't cry! seriously, don't!" finn pleaded. i looked up to him and nodded.

"why did you never tell me you got them from sadi- other wise known as my best friend, for a matter of fact!" he shrugged like it was nothing.

"finn," i began, trailing off. "it's 11 o' clock. that means we have three hours. what's next? are we gonna rob a bank or something?" i said, sarcastically.

"no, but i thought we could go maybe shoot guns again?" he asked, awkwardly, as my face lit up.

"do you mean it?" i asked, jumping up. he kissed my forehead lightly.

"i wouldn't say it if i didn't mean it, would i?"