0.5

finn
i sat in my bed, reading a random book about basketball. it was pretty boring but it was better than nothing.

i heard a sudden ding, and the voice of my mom. "finn, there's a girl here to see you!"

i dashed down the stairs, listening to my mom telling millie my curfew and other things. "that'll be no problem, mrs. wolfhard! i'll have him back by midnight!" she muttered something under her breath. "even though it's fucking friday..."

my mom brushed millie's arm. "sweetheart, call me joan! no need to call me mrs. wolfhard!" she showed me out with millie.

"i don't want to do this!" i whisper screamed. she looked at me, furious.

"JO-" she was about to call out to my mom, but i put my hand over her mouth. i quickly released my hand from covering her face.

"you'll learn to love me." she smiled, and as she turned away, i rolled my eyes. a cab pulled up and i opened the door for millie.

"a real gentleman, aren't you, finn?" she winked, and i gagged. i didn't want to be here, and i didn't wanna date the loser who turned sinister.

"where are we going?" i paused. "mills." she looked at me, somewhat startled.

"m-mills. i like it." she smiled slowly, brushing my hair out of my face. surprisingly, i didn't resist. but it didn't mean anything.

"oh, and we're going to everyn boulevard. to walk." i looked at her as if she was crazy, but she really kind of was in a way.

"to walk?" i screamed at millie, and the cab driver shushed me. she nodded happily.

"you'll see finn," she began. "it's fun! besides, i have something i really wanna show you. it's very special."

"let me guess, is it a book store or something?" i asked, unamused, leaning my head in my hands.

"i'm not just the good girl you always take me as," she said, stopping the cab driver from driving. "i'm not that cut and dry."

she opened the yellow door and jumped out of the cab. she helped me out. "i'm going to show you where i practice."

"practice what?" i asked, rolling my eyes. most likely reading or yoga or something like that.

"i like," she began, eager to continue. "i like to shoot guns."