Chapter 2: Beggingings ☀️

Those events occured two weeks ago. I am having a hard time settling in and get my mind around the things that happened. My whole life has changed in a matter of a month. My past has all been a lie. I will recall the events that happened. To do so I must start at the beginning, the very begging, where everything started.

If you are wondering who I am, I am in high school and am part of the Rose family. The Rose's are a famous family who represent a large percentage of the population in our town. All of my twenty five relatives including my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, all live in one giant mansion. I am surprised that there is enough room for us to each have our own room.

We live in a coastal town called Bluntwood. Bluntwood is a small town with big ambitions. It used to be a fishing town until tourists found it. You would rarely see the streets of Bluntwood emtpy. In all it's entity, the town was quite strange. Many unspeakable events have happened, even in the past few months. Most notably, the disappearance of my twin sister Blue.

The only conclusion I have come to is that I need answers, I can't be lied to anymore. I need answers to everything I have seen and heard over the past month. All the secrets, lies, mysteries and truths.

It all started on a breezy morning in September about a month ago,

I was sitting at a breakfast café, one that was located in the heart of Bluntwood. The small café was one of the few in the town. It was where my older brother Elton worked his day shifts.

I was particularly perky. I remember that day I had a trail of happiness everywhere I went. That would soon end.

My friends, Sasha and Antonia, had just established that over the course of the summer we were going to stay at Antoina's cottage. It sounded like a dream summer trip. We were to enjoy beaches, tans, the water and freedom. Freedom: I would be free from my big family and their crazy antics, the busy mansion and school, all things that I needed a break from.

Anyways, we decided to meet at the café to go over our plans for the following summer. Our past summer was a bummer. We sat underneath a bright yellow umbrella out on the patio in the streets of Bluntwood and enjoyed a fresh baked croissant. The ocean breeze blew our hair in all sorts of directions and sun cooked our skin. It was a perfect day, for the most part...

Antonia and Sasha were sitting across from me at the table. Antonia wore a t-shirt with the Clash logo on it, she loved punk music more than anyone I knew. Her dark straight hair was cropped just below her shoulders level. My other friend, Sasha wore short shorts and a pink floral crop-top. She had blond hair that looked like a waterfall, it tossed around in the wind. Sasha was a diva, but she was kind and brilliant.

Antonia was sketching in her notebook her mascara bleeding all over the paper. "What are you drawing, Ben"? Sasha asked. "No why would you think that"? Antonia scowled. "It's a project for art class" Antonia argued. "Admit it, you miss Ben."! Sasha replied. Ben was Antonia's X-boyfriend.

They started to argue, and my eyes wandered somewhere else. I noticed a boy who sat in chemistry class with me. He had chestnut brown hair creamy skin and deep green eyes. Iren Jones. He was a fellow teammate with my brother Elton on their football team. Iren was my neighbour but we always felt awkward when we talked because our only connection was my brother. So we prefered not talk. "White, what do you think? Does Antonia still have feelings for Ben?" Sasha demanded.

I shrugged as I glared back at Iren. He was now mid-chatting with Blue, my twin sister. Blue looked worried. She was not usually worried.  I knew something was wrong by the way that her lip quivered. I could tell by the way she talked. I could tell by the way her hands fidgeted with something in her pocket. Something was wrong with her and I did not know what!

Her platinum blond hair was shimmied in a messy bun, her lips greased in red lipstick. One thing was missing, her glasses. She couldn't see without them. They were not present on her head or present anywhere near her. Very odd.