Chapter 16: English Class 📓

"I bets to be going home" Sasha regarded twirling her hair in between her fingers. "Just know you can never be safe, keep a low profile" Marla sighed walking to the top of the bridge. We followed all looking like wet mud creatures.

The next day after a hot steamy shower, I found myself at school. My friends blocking my locker. "Kay I am like freaking out! There are like half a dozen Heartstone's in our school who are might be all hostile towards us." Sasha yelled. We wandered to our homeroom, keeping a close eye on the people around us. A taller lady stood facing the chalkboard, she must've been new because our regular teacher was a man. I sat a few rows back and kept glare on the teacher, she seemed so familiar...

She turned around, her hair was tied neatly in a bun and she wore big bold dark glasses, and red lipstick. It was Marla! Antonia and I exchanged looks. "What is she doing here" Liannetta mouthed.

I stared in shock then I peered at Blue's empty seat at the back corner. It seemed to have dust skimming the surface, but Blue had only been missing a few days. I shalt tell my parents about everything, they are still believing that Blue and I are safe in the Rose household.

Marla locked eyes with us, giving a shy nod. "Why hello class! I am Ms. Pierce your supply teacher! Go to page 792 in book 77 please." She told with a sweet voice. We sat in silence, for a moment, until "Ms. Pierce" said "White, Antonia and Sasha, may I have a moment with you in the hall?". We followed as Liannetta charged our direction. We huddled in front of a bundle of lockers. "I am here to keep a watch on you, and I was able to pull a few strings and find a list of people from the Heartstone bloodline." She smiled, then pretended to scold us as a teacher walked by. "Good morning Ms. Pierce!" He emphasized. "Morning Mr. Arnoldo" she responded back.

"Anyways just be cautious, here is a list of suspects." She said handing out little sticky notes with scribbles on them. "Lets meet here after school" I said. We went back in the classroom and pretended like nothing happened while Ms. Pierce taught us nonsense, I could tell English was not her strong suit.

I found myself wandering the halls to the cafeteria, and skittishly scattering over to my friends table. They were not there yet. I sprawled my lunch across the table and started to read the list. Terrance Hedley, Americ Heartstone, Maria Hedley, Dominic Saltz... "Whatcha got there?" Iren whispered in my ear. "What!?" I yelled covering the sheet with my arm. "Lemme guess, its your burn book?" He chuckled. "Nooo! Its a project!" I yelled. "White, I am in all of your classes, I don't recall a project having to do with sticky notes. Where is your sister Blue anyways?" He mumbled. "She is sick." I lied.

He flopped his feet across the bench and started to eat his apple. Lianetta came to our table as well as Antonia, Sasha and Stellia. Stellia was Eltons girlfriend who was our age. The only thing was we needed to get rid of Iren and Stellia, because I can not wait to discuss the list.

"Oh no I just got a text, Elton thinks he fractured his wrist!", I lied attempting to rid of them. It worked, they both stormed to the gym. "Is Elton going to be ok?" Sasha demanded a look of worry on her face. "Yes, it was just a diversion" I told. We all pulled out our lists, individually going over the names. Terrance Hedley, Americ Heartstone, Archie Milton, Dominic Saltzer, Abbigail Heartstone, Deanna Hedley, Tom Saltzer, Daryl Saltzer and Lucifer Arnoldo!

"Wait, Lucifer Arnoldo? The teacher?" We yelled. "What if he is after us?" I questioned. "I don't know!" Sasha gasped. We searched the premise for any sigh of Lucifer. He was not in eyes view. "Over there" Liannetta whispered pointing to a group gathering of Dominic, Daryl and Tom Saltzer who all sat at a lunch table. "Gulp, they are Heath's great grandsons" I mentioned. Dominic, Daryl and Tom were all a year apart from each other, but looked the same. They all resembled their father, Princeton Saltzer. Who was a well known real estate agent in the area, whom my father has been friends with for a while, to the point when I went over to play hockey with his sons regularly.

They each held a pizza in their hands, talking amongst each other. "They don't seem very hostile" Liannetta remarked.