Chapter 26: The Witch 🔮

Eddie and Marla entered the lab. "Oh White! Just grow up already and come out from your hiding spot!", Marla scowled. Eddie walked around the room and kicked over the stools. "I hear you!", she yelled. Out from behind the door, Iren swung his baseball bat at her. She quickly dodged the bat and held her hands out in front of him. Iren levitated off of the ground as Marla lifted her hands. I started to get nervous and sweat. "STOP!", I yelled.

Marla motioned her hands in a sharp tossing motion and Iren crashed to the floor. "So you could hear me", she chuckled. "What do you want Marla! Why are you doing this!", I cried. Marla laughed and held her chest as she did so. "Poor confused Rose! Don't you know? Haven't you figured it out yet? I am Edith! The all powerful witch! I want to wreak havoc for what the Hearthstones did to me! I want revenge! I want power!", she screamed. "Edith!", I yelled, "wouldn't that mean your old?", I said. "Two hundred and thirty seven to be exact", she smiled.

"Eddie this isn't you, she is controlling you! Eddie wake up!", Iren yelled as he clutched his sore leg. Eddie didn't budge. "There is no more Eddie, he died years ago when I became Chad", Eddie growled. My walkie-talkie went off again, "White, Marla is Edith!", Antonia spoke. "They are a little late aren't they!", Marla smiled walking closer to me. "Stop", I yelled crawling on the floor away from her. She lifted her hand and I flew off the ground, crashing into a glass cabinet. Beakers and graduated cylinders crashed on my head, breaking into a thousand pieces.

My ears rung, eyes stung and head burned. My eyes filled with tears. Marla lifted me up again this time upside down. My hair hung from my head and blood rushed their too. She moved her hand again making me slam against a desk. She got closer to me but then turned around when the classroom door opened. I couldn't see out of my eyes very well, all I could hear was Marla saying, "you, get out! You can't save her!", Marla trembled. Suddenly Marla flew through the air like a kite and landed two metres to my left.

She fought to get up, but an unknown force kept her from standing up. "No!", she yelled. Flying through the air came Eddie, who crashed down on top of Marla, knocking them both out. I gathered to my knees and peered over the desk. In front of me were two familiar people. My parents. My mom wore a knit white top and a long black skirt, while my dad wore a golf shirt and cargo shorts. They rushed over to me. "White dear? Are you alright?", they cradled me in their arms. "You are witches!", I yelled.

"Well more like sorcerers. So are you.", Mom said. I thought to myself for a few moments. "How", I formed the singular word with all my might, I was still in shock. "I will tell you later!", mom said helping me to my feet. Iren wobbled over behind them. "Mr. and Mrs. Rose? Sorcerers?", Iren looked confused. Dad laughed and helped Iren to rest on a stool. Mom walked over to Marla and Eddie. "We must drain all of her powers to stop the curse", she said. Dad went to stand beside her.

He squeezed her hand then they both raised them just as Marla did before.

They chanted:

Telemać suin çouž fre va sodeÿ!

They repeated that line over and over until a red powder seeped out of Marla. It looked like chilli powder. "What are you doing?", I yelled. Neither of them responded. They stopped chanting when Marla's eyes opened. "Nooooo!", she yelled, "my powers". She looked in horror at my parents. My dad shot his hand out towards a corner of the room and rope found it way to his hand. He then tied up Marla. Mom went over to Eddie. She propped him up in sitting position and tried to wake him.

"Eddie? Wake up?", she whispered. He opened one eye. "Linda?", he croaked. My mom smiled and nodded. Dad now sat beside her. "Eddie, it's me, your friend. Do you remember me?", dad spoke softly. Eddie nodded and smiled a small grin. "Friend", he spoke.

Later that evening we were at the Rose mansion. For once in a long time we were all happy. Blue, mom, dad, Elton, Iren, Sasha, Antonia, Lianetta and Eddie all sat down for a nice meal. We dined and laughed all evening, and when it became dark we went to the beach like old times. The stars lit the sky in a bright omniscient yellow. The waves were calm. Only the sound of Eddie snoring happily could be heard.

We all stretched across a large beach blanket. Blue rolled over to face me. "White, I am sorry I haven't been as close to you. I am so glad you saved me. I am thankful for having a twin sister.", she smiled. "Even if we aren't the same it doesn't mean we aren't family!", I whispered back.