14

LONG AWAITED NEXT CHAPPY, SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT!!!

It was the 20th time we'd been around the train route, the time I finally spoke again.

"Why did he do it? He saw me, I was stood right there, why did he do it?" I questioned, each word harder than the previous to say. My eyes were getting teary and I couldn't think of any more to say. Sam comes to my side and lets me fall into his arms.

"I don't know Cassia, if I could tell you, I damn would." He pauses. "Maybe Tobias has less humanity than we originally thought." He puts a hand through my hair and comforts me.

"How come you turned out so docile, so calm- compared to father?" I ask curiously.

"Well, father wasn't able to control his divergence so he acted out in violence. Where as, we can control it." He explained to me.

It clicked for a second.

"You're divergent? You never told me!" I exclaimed and broke away from his comforting grip.

"Cassia, you were young, you didn't even know what divergence was." He then spoke, this made me realise what he was saying was true. "We need to go back, I need to go back. You don't have to come with me but, I need to see where he died." I told my brother, who then protested.

"Hey! Wherever you go, I will be there Cassia." Sam smiles down before he helps me up to my feet. "The stop for Candor is up next, are you ready?" He asks.

"I'm always ready, Sam."

~

Every Dauntless member and Candor member were still at Candor. Their faces were filled with confusion as Sam and I entered the building. Tobias was the first person who caught my eye, he stared directly at me before walking up slowly to me.

"Cassia-" I raised my hand to signal he should stop speaking. I walked past him and Tris, who had walked up behind him. Sam and I entered the stair shaft and started climbing up. When we had reached the floor we desired, my legs froze to the spot.
We were onlooking to room Eric got shot in. But Eric wasn't slumped over on the floor, he was stood in the middle of the room, looking out of the window, down at the city.

I let out a massive cry of joy and nearly collapsed in Sams arms. Eric heard this and turned on his heels, when I was stable again I start running towards him.

I could see the tears in his eyes as I got closer. Instead of feeling his warm grasp, I'd ran right through him. The confusion struck, I turn around and he's facing me again.

"Eric?" I sob. "Where are you?"

He brings his arm to his face and wipes away his tears.

"I'm outside the wall Cass. Four didn't shoot me, he had to put on as though he did to make everyone else feel safe. I'm sorry to have put you through it darling." The world that struck me, I'm outside the wall.

"Y-you're outside the wall?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes, Four sent me on my way after the incident. His little group are preparing to come out here as well. But listen Cassia, it's dangerous out here. I don't want you-" I cut him off.

"You're not going to tell me to sit this one out, Coulter. After everything we've been through, we always find eachother. So, I am going to come with them. I won't stop until we are together again." I defend.

"That's my girl. But one thing, when you get here, you must not tell them of your full divergence, Tris is the only known fully divergent to these people and you can't be known if the same." E explains and my mind fumbles again.

"People? You're with people? Eric who's out there?" I question.

"Listen, I've got to go, he's coming back and he said I can't be talking to you long." He pauses and looked into my eyes.

"I love you."

Then the image of him faded.