15

Sam stood behind me, my whole world was upside down. I tried to recall what had happened these past days but my mind just span and made me want to throw up.

"Sam, we're leaving." I murmur.

"I'm with you all the way Cass, all the way." He replies. I hear footsteps behind us and my body spins around.

Four, Tris and Callan were stood at the opening in the room.

"I had to pretend Cass, I had to. They had to think he was dead, for you to be together." Four trembled, as if scared that I wouldn't forgive him.

"Tobias Eaton, if your girlfriend would let me, I would like to make you a nice dinner and talk." I reply to him, a smile on my face.

Tris looks to me then to Four with an annoyed look on her face. Four doesn't even take a glance at her.

"She'll be fine with it." He grins.

•••

"So why dinner with me? And on the rooftop, so extra Cassia." Four looks up at the sky.

"My brother told me once before, you can only love one person Tobias. It's the reason I thought my dad beat me, because I thought he'd used his love on my brother and left me with the pain. But, I've realised in my short life, you can love so many people at once. So, my father must've just been sick and twisted. But, he's sick, Tobias, sick sick." I sigh then continue. "My point is, was my father right. Is loving one person the right way and I'm sick for loving more people?" I question, borrowing my eyebrows.

"Cassia, don't think that. You're far from sick, you're one of the kindest, wholehearted, sweetest people I've ever met." Four pauses. "I love people. I love Tris, I love my mother, I love you." He looks up at me. "Obviously a more honourable friendship love." He chuckles and I nod.

"I love you too Four, in a honourable friendly way." I pause. "I've never known to love anyone before. As dearly as Eric and you." I admit.

"You chose the wrong guy Cassia." The sentence made me spit out the water I had sipped. "You could've chosen me." He continues.

"What?" I question.

"What I'm trying to say is, everything would've been so different, if you'd just fallen in love with me." He admits,saying it quite quietly.

"Are you not happy? With Tris?"  I question, I was rather confused.

"She's not you, Cassia." I stood up from my chair at this point.

"Four, this is rather strange. Eric is still alive, your girlfriend is just downstairs. We can't be having this conversation. " Four then copies me by standing up out of his chair, however he takes my hand in his.

"Why can't we have this conversation? It's just a light-" he gets closer to me, "a light conversation." He gets too close.

"Tobias get off me."I sternly retort.

"Oh shîť." He pauses and breaks away.  "I'm so sorry,I didn't mean to be so forward and weird." I step back now.

"Sam and I are leaving in the morning, we've got access to gear and were going over the wall. 4am, if your interested." I mutter.

"We'll have to catch up with you, we've got to get rid of Jeanine. But find Eric, be happy Cassia." He smiles sheepishly and comes in for a hug. Hewraps his arms around me. "Don't you dare die on me Cassia. You're too precious." He whispers. His head then comes back from my neck and we're stood there so close.

"Let me have one." I was taken aback however I nodded. Fours lips lock onto mine. When our lips detach, he whispers, "I'm going to miss you, Cass."

"I'll miss you too Tobias." I feel my eyes getting teary. "But this isn't a goodbye, it's just see you later." I blink away the tears.

"Of course." He nods. Why did I let Tobias kiss me?  What's wrong with me? Why did he even want to kiss me? What did he mean by I  chose the wrong guy..

I set my mind aside for once and turn away from Tobias.

"I'm going to go outside that wall. And I'm going to get my Eric back. If it's the last thing I do on the god damn planet." I murmur.