Chapter 28, woke up?

Liza's POV

It's hard taking care of the kids without David. I miss him so much. I arrive at the hospital.

David's POV

I'm walking through a empty street. There are no houses, just tarmac. At the end of the street is one big building. I keep walking untill I arrive at the building. I go in but the building doesn't have a floor. I fall down.

I open my eyes. I'm laying in a bed, I get scared and start to breathe heavily. A nurse runs in and calmes me down.

Liza's POV

I go into the hospital when a nurse runs towards me.

N: Liza! Nice to have you back! But quick, come with me! It's David!

L: What? What's up with David?!

N: He woke up!

My heartbeat stops. He woke up?! I run to his room and when I enter it David stares at me. I run to him and hug him thight. I feel tears streaming down my face. When I look up again it looks like David wants to say something, but he can't. The nurse notices, grabs his phone and opens noticions. "Here, type what you wanna say." She says. David types.

What happened?

L: You were shot baby. You jumped in front of me to protect me.

Oh yeah, I kinda remember.

L: Nice. I missed you so much babe.

I missed you to. I love you.

 "I love you to. But why can't he talk?" I ask the nurse. "It's because he was shot. It'll probably come back. Just keep talking to him." She says. "David I'll check how you are ok?" She adds.

N: Ok can you lift up your right arm? and move your fingers?

-David slowly lifts up his arm and moves his fingers-

N: Same with your left arm.

-David does the same with his left arm-

Then the nurse walks to the end of the bed and lifts up the blanket. David can't see his legs but I look.

N: Lift up your right leg?

-David lifts up his leg-

N: Now your left.

That's the one David got shot in. Nothing happens. The leg is still laying on the bed.

N: Ok, I'l leave you to alone and report this to the doctor.

David taps my shoulder and shows me his phone.

What happened? You look pale.

L: Nothing. Nothing happened David, you didn't move.

What? How can that go in one day?

L: One day? David you were in a coma for a month.