S E V E N

"I do care",Dan said in his head,"I really care about him".

Gunther continued to fold and clean the clothes, feeling smug.

When chores were over,Dan ran to find Phil. Phil was trying to find Dan,This was their routine. Dan ran to the policeman,This time he didn't just want to talk to him,He wanted to protect him.

"Phi-Lester!",He couldn't call him Phil infront of others.

"Hey",He replied casually.

"You gotta get out of here!",Dan whispered.

"Why?",Phil led him to a more secluded area.

"Gunther has something planned for you,I dont know what"

"It's probably just a joke,Dont worry Dan",Phil put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Dan nodded,Not knowing what to say.

Dan was laying in his bed unable to sleep when he heard a scream.

He sat up quickly,The voice sounded familiar. The cell door was locked,He caught a glimpse of black hair and then a inmate suit through the window in his door.

Gunther punched Phil repeatedly,"You just had to get in the way!"

"Its just my jo-",He was cut off by a punch to the stomach.

Dan heard Phil screaming,He was screaming Dan's name,He started banging on the door,Putting all of his weight into it,He couldn't open it and nobody was around,The screaming stopped after an hour,But Dan didn't stop,He was still banging the door,his face tear-streaked.

Sleep overtook him after 3 hours,He couldn't move his body anymore,With one weak push,He fell to the ground and slept.