Boys

Namjoon opened his eyes and looked at the white walls around him searching for the clock. It read 12:40am and he groaned not knowing exactly how long he had been asleep. He then felt the overwhelming urge to pee and found he was hooked to a catheter. Not wanting to use it he tried removing it from himself and after a few minutes of careful pulling he succeeded. Then he swung his good leg over the side of the bed and then moved his broken one along with it. He grabbed his morphine bag off of its rack and put the top in his mouth clenching it with his teeth, steadying himself with his right arm and attempting to move his left before remembering its sprained he stood up on one leg and tried to hop to the restroom near the exit door of his room. However he only made it about a foot before the pain in his shattered leg hit him and he fell on the floor with a loud thud. He let out a loud groan and sighed. Then he heard running coming from the hall and his room opened revealing a tall figure standing in the door way.

"Namjoon! Are you okay? What happened?" Seokjin exclaimed as he rushed over to his friend.

Namjoon still had the morphine bag in his mouth and spit it out so he could answer the other male properly,

"I got up because I had to pee and I fell." He sat up the best he could and Seokjin grabbed his right hand hoisting him up from the ground before throwing Namjoons arm over his own shoulder using himself as a crutch.

"Namjoon didn't you have a catheter?"

Namjoons face flushed a bit not wishing to explain to the older he purposely took it out, but he didn't really have a choice.

"I did but I'd feel more comfortable using the actual bathroom." Jin smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Okay. Well how do we go about doing this? You can't stand on your own and if I gave you crutches you only have one good arm, so how do you expect to achieve your goal of using the toilet."

Namjoon looked down at the ground biting his lip thinking. Before leaning on Jin for more support.

"You could help me. I mean it's kind of your job. Also we lived together with all the other band members for years. It's not anything you haven't seen before."

Jin wasn't as embarrassed as he was irritated, he let out a sigh and gave the younger a "really" look. Before nodding and sweeping his other arm under Namjoons legs and lifting him up bridal style. Causing Namjoons eyes grow wide in amazement and a bit of panic.

"Geez hyung when did you get so strong?"

Jin just let out a small chuckle before proceeding to the bathroom where he let Namjoon down and turned his back letting Namjoon lean on him for support while he did his business. After he finished he was lifted up again and carried back to his bed. He laid his head back and looked at the clock again it was almost one thirty in the morning. Jin turned to leave but was stopped by the younger grabbing his arm. He turned around to look at him.

"Yes?"

"Hyung why are you even here this early?"

"I have nothing better to do, also I was assigned to be your nurse. Which means I need to be here until you discharge or are well enough to walk."

"Aren't you tired?"

Jin shook his head as he grabbed a chair and pulled it over to Namjoons bed side and sat down. "Not really, since we don't have many patients I take naps at the nurses desk."

"Heh so you've become more like Yoongi who used to fall asleep everywhere." A chuckle erupted from the older as he remembered his old band member who was always tired and hungry.

"I guess so, but he's not really like that now. His job keeps him on his feet these days"

"His job? What does he do?"

"He's a music teacher. He opened up a small studio in Seoul where he teaches people to play piano and read music. He still produces his own music, which is one reason his studio is so popular. He's always busy either with a student or with his own projects. He holds little shows for his students and they preform to show how much they've all improved. I watched it last year, it was pretty amazing Yoongi is an amazing teacher."

"Wow I never thought he'd ever do something like that, he always hated being around strangers, unless they were fans."

"Namjoon have you had contact with any of our old band members after we all split up?"

The younger shook his head clasping his hands together with a face of regret.

"Well you will be happy to know Jungkook is still in the music industry. He is a solo artist who has collaborated with more artists from around the world than we could of ever dreamed of. He knows over nine languages. Taehyung is a professional model and he also works in the acting industry. I worked with him on a drama a few months ago. I swear the boy doesn't age. Jimin and Hoseok both opened up a dance studio which has really turned into a business these past two years. They opened up about four different buildings and they hired people to teach. They both visit all of the studios. That is when Hoseok isn't out traveling the globe with his older sister and Jimin isn't modeling the latest fashions for Korea and America."

Jin sighed and looked at the ceiling. "All those years I spent will everyone and I was the oldest. I kinda feel like I raised most of you and it makes me happy seeing all of my younger friends move on to more exciting lives. But I think the only one I never really had to raise was you."

Jin said looking at the wide eyed man sitting in the bed next to him.

"Whys that hyung?"

"Because through all of those years you were our fearless leader who put all of our needs before yours, even though you weren't the oldest. But look at you now you can't even go to the bathroom because you've managed to hurt yourself in a car crash. So as fate would have it here I am, the oldest finally taking care of our great leader."

His face was flushed pink from his emotional spill he just gave Namjoon and he decided it was to early to be doing this.

"Anyway Namjoon get some sleep I'll see you in a few hours. Also put your morphine bag back on the rack."

Namjoon was only able to nod as he watched Jin walk out of his hospital room again.