010

"Storms make trees take deeper roots."
~Dolly Parton

" ~Dolly Parton

Harley's POV

I sat at the wooden table, my hands folded neatly out in front of me. I had a white cup filled with my favorite thing in the entire world, my addiction, coffee.

Xavier sat across from me, a warm and gentle smile placed onto his plump chapped lips. The way he smiled at me made me forget how to breathe. He made me forget my own name without even trying. It wasn't the way he looked or the things he'd done. It was his presence, his confidence, his swagger.

One thought that managed to cross my mind more than once was my inability to guess what he had been talking to Frank about. Why Frank pretended to be a caring dad as I walked out the door with the boy with a mop of brown hair that fell into his eyes on several occasions.

I stared into his deep brown eyes, enchanting me. He made me wonder what his life was like. I wanted to know him. With every breath I took all I could concentrate on was the fact that the more I know this boy, the more I wanted to.

"And then my sister hit him in the head with a frying pan!" Xavier exclaimed, a bright and powerful smile came to his lips as his brown eyes glowed in admiration.

"A frying pan?" I exclaimed with a light laugh.

"A frying pan." Xavier confirmed.

"She did all that just because your brother drew on her posters?" I asked with another laugh. I watched as the boys lips curved into a wider smile making butterflies fill my stomach.

"One thing I've learned about Perrie over the years is do not mess with her Justin Bieber merchandise." With his words came a load, booming laugh that couldn't help but escape my mouth. My laugh was unpleasant and obnoxious to say the least. "I like your laugh." Xavier spoke, distracting me from my thoughts. I shook my head at the boy before saying,

"You're such a liar." I took a sip of my steaming cup of coffee, the bitterness filling my mouth and making a light smile come to my face, maybe that had something to do with Xavier and not the coffee though.

"It's cute and I can tell you're not faking it." He said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the boy.

"Thanks for the coffee." I told him, changing the topic way from something I despised about myself.

"No problem Harlow."

"So, uh what did you talk to Frank about while I was changing?" I asked the boy.

"Why do you call your dad Frank?" He asked, Ignoring my question on purpose.

"I asked first." I said with a little bit of sass which surprisingly made the boy in front of me laugh.

" I said with a little bit of sass which surprisingly made the boy in front of me laugh