017

"You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them."
~John Green

Bentley's POV

Bentley's POV

The neighborhood threw a parade for Franks return, it was simply to mock him but it made a smile come to my face. The crazy neighbors stood in front of the Gallaghers house and began cheering as Steve drove up with Frank. They all waved Canadian flags which was just the icing on the cake.

I waited beside Harley, Fiona, and Ian, each seemed annoyed with the cheering neighbors. Veronica stepped out of the RV first, the cheers suddenly got louder, and the woman only smiled as she exited the large RV. Next came Kevin, the cheers, again got louder.

I looked over at Harley to see she couldn't hold back her smile anymore as she began clapping along with the rest. Debbie and Carl stood in front of us, Carl waving a flag and Debbs trying her hardest to be patient.

"Oh, Fuck off!" Frank yelled at the cheery neighbors after stepping off the RV. I rolled my eyes at the man, suddenly remembering my hatred for him.

"Some things never change." I muttered. Harley turned to look at me, a smile on her face as she suppressed a laugh. I couldn't help but smile at the brunette.

"Welcome home, Daddy." Debbs spoke as Frank walked up the steps. He ignored the girl and walked into the house.

"Oh, he's not gonna do--"

"Hey." I spoke, holding Harley back as she tried to lunge at her father. She turned in my arms and glared at me. I had known she had a terrible relationship with Frank, and I also knew if I didn't hold her back she would try to kill him. The girl would probably fail. No matter how many times you try to get rid of Frank he just keeps coming back, he's like a roach. "Come on, lets just go." I told her

Harley turned and followed me, she probably knew it was her best option at the moment. I could feel Ian's eyes on me as I lead Harley down the wooden steps. I turned only to see I was right. Ian didn't like me anymore, none of them did.

The Gallaghers used to be my second family, I liked them more than my first. But I destroyed that the day I left Harley behind and I regretted it ever since.

I walked up onto the back porch, Harley doing the same. We remained silent for a moment, I didn't know what to say to the girl anymore. I wanted to fix everything, but each time I tried it seemed to get worse.

"Thanks for helping us find Frank." Harley muttered as we sat on the stairs behind her house. I smiled at the girl and nodded my head.

"It's no trouble." I told her. This time she smiled at me before standing up, I followed her actions and stood from my spot beside her.

"Well, I guess it's time for you to go..." She turned to go back in her house but I grabbed onto her wrist, stopping her. I noticed as Harley tensed at my touch. I quickly dropped her wrist but the girl didn't attempt to move from her spot.