The Mirror of Erised

Christmas eve had a very tense atmosphere due to the events in Gryffindor Tower the previous night, but y/n tried to enjoy it as much as possible by ignoring Percy's glares and harsh mumbled statements. Harry, Ron and herself spent yet another day in the library trying to find any mention of Nicholas Flammel but once again, nothing came up. y/n had tried to get a note from Snape to get into the restricted section, but he refused. Apparently "access to any of the advanced potions books in there is off-limits to anyone under the fifth year". y/n guessed they had to do with deadly poisons and fatal concoction But now they had no idea of how they would get into the restricted section.

y/n went to sleep that night feeling terribly lonely in the abandoned Slytherin common rooms. See would wake up with no one but Nimbus to share the occasion with. She was sure she wouldn't be going into the Gryffindor common room again anytime soon. She woke up early Christmas morning, it was still dark outside and the lake was pitch black. Nimbus crawled up to greet her and y/n bid him a Merry Christmas. She got out of bed and went down to the common room where a large Christmas tree stood with a small pile of presents waiting to be unwrapped. At first, y/n was surprised, she didn't think she would get any more than one from her Grandma.

She kneeled down and picked up the first present addressed to her. It was from the Weasleys of all people, specifically, someone called Molly whom she assumed to be the mother. The small note read

Dear y/n,

The boys have told me all about you in their letters. You sound like a lovely girl and I can't wait to have you down at the burrow. I wish you a very merry Christmas
Love, Molly WeasleyPS. Thank you for putting Ron in line

y/n laughed at the last line and was filled with a warm loving feeling. She tore open the lumpy package and pulled out a dark green hand knitted sweater with a large silver (first letter of name) on the front. She immediately pulled it over her pajamas and rubbed the soft yarn on her arms. y/n made a mental note to write a thank you letter back.

The next gift was a large box of assorted muggle sweets from Hermione. y/n felt no guilt at all whilst popping one called a Werthers Original into her mouth at such an early hour. She received a little pot of broom handle wax from Harry and laughed because she got him the exact same thing. She had also got Hermione a fancy quill set and parchment cause that girl went through that stuff fast and Ron got a Chudley Cannons pin. She got the twins a small amount of Persian exploding powder (for pranks of course) and a list of helpful charms and potions to help with their antics. Percy, of course, received nothing. She thought it was very appropriate.

Only on more present remained and she knew it was from her Grandmother. She read the card first because it's only polite, she wrote:

To my beautiful Granddaughter,I sincerely apologise for not being with you this Christmas. And I know presents can't make up for that but this gift is particularly special. It was passed down to me from my mother and given to her from her mother. I never got the chance to give it to your mother, but I now bestow it onto you. Have a very Merry Christmas.I love you so muchGrandmother xx

A solemn feeling overcame y/n and she felt very lonely all over again. Then she remembered the small box sat in front of her and she carefully picked it up and unwrapped it to reveal a small black velvet box. Inside was a silver necklace with a black jewel charm hanging from it. It was absolutely beautiful and y/n carefully put it on. It sat in the middle of her chest and she looked down at the black diamond in awe.

After getting changed out of her pj's and into some actual clothes (with her Weasley jumper) and mad her way down to the Great Hall for a Christmas feast. She saw Ron, Harry, Fred, and George walking down as well and sprinted up to them giving each a very big hug. She saw that Harry had received a Weasley jumper too, and the other boys were wearing theirs as well, She felt like she had been adopted into their family. The group shared with each other what other gifts they had received and y/n was very intrigued by Harry's invisibility cloak. She showed them the necklace from her Grandmother and Ron looked very jealous. "That's you get passed down to you?! All I got was a ruddy chess set!" They all laughed at Ron who just huffed and sat down at the table, but his mood changed quickly when he saw all the food appear on the table.