The House Cup

y/n begins to feel herself slowly come back to the land of the living, and it's rather comfortable. Her eye's flutter open, but squint straight away, surprised by the bright light of the room. Sitting up, she looks around the room frantically trying to figure out where she is, heaven maybe? But she was thankful once she realised it as only the bright, sterilised hospital wing of Hogwarts. Her shoulders relax from their tensed position and y/n sees that she has her pyjamas on and is sitting in a bed, the white linen sheets, soft and warm around her. She also notices quite a few card on the table next to her, as well as a plentiful amount of sweets. She was about to reach for a sugar wand to cure her hunger when she heard faint footsteps growing nearer.
Professor Dumbledore strides in, wearing long red robes and his token golden half-moon spectacles. "Good afternoon, y/n," he says in his wise, soft voice.

"Afternoon?" y/n questions looking out one of the large windows, letting warm sunlight fill the room. Then, she remembers what had happened, the stone, the mirror, Quirrell, Voldemort. She burst in fear, "Headmaster! The stone! It was Quirrell! He-" But he put a hand up to stop her restless panic.

"Calm yourself, dear girl. You are a little behind the times as it seems" Said Dumbledore, "Quirrell does not have the stone."

"Then who does?! What happened to it?"

"y/n please, relax. or madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out." Dumbledore aid with a smile, with was contagious enough for y/n's own mouth to break out into a small grin. Bu then her face fell.

"Sir, how long have I been here?" She asked

"Three days. Mr Ronald Weasley, Miss Granger and Mr Potter will be most pleased to see that you have awoken, they have been extremely worried."

"Merlin! Are they okay?! Harry is he-"

"Fine, they're all just fine," Dumbledore said, holding up a hand to calm the restless girl. y/n smiled, happy that they were all safe. But she still had so many unanswered questions.

"But what happened to the stone?"Dumbledore seemed to realise that he would be with y/n for a while so sat down on the end of her hospital bed. "The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat and agreed it's all for the best."

"But, that means that he will run out of Elixir eventually, he'll die and so will his wife, sooner or later. y/n said. Dumbledore nodded

"He has enough elixir to put his affairs in order, but yes, they will die," said Dumbledore and y/n could sense the somberness in his tone.

"I'm sorry sir, I know he was your friend," she said. Dumbledore smiled and looked at the girl, wondering.

"You are a very peculiar girl Miss l/n. You're unlike any student or any witch I've ever met," he said, smiling at her.

y/n smiled back, accepting the compliment from the headmaster, at least, she thought it was a compliment. Then her mind wandered, the events of three nights ago piecing themselves back together. She didn't have time to think about it at the time, but she recalled what Voldemort had said to her, said about her. "Professor, when we were down in the labyrinth with Quirrel and - Voldemort," she faltered at his name, unsure if it were okay to say it in front of Dumbledore, but he seemed to be quite delighted her use of the name. She continued, "he said some things to me that I don't fully understand."

"And what did he say?" Dumbledore asked, his attitude became more serious.

"Well he knew my name, and said that we had met before, but I'd never even seen him until that night. At least I don't think I did..." y/n trailed off, straining her mind to try and remember seeing Voldemort's snake-like face sometime in her early childhood, but those years were just blurred memories as if they were filmed out of focus. "And said he knew the truth about my parents, how they died, and that he would tell me if I joined him,"