The Dragon Named Norbert

Luckily, the Quidditch game was over quickly, because y/n was absolutely fuming at Draco's behaviour. He was constantly riling up Ron and insulting his family's financial situation. Harry caught the Snitch within 5 minutes of the game starting, and no one was injured for once, that is until after everyone had left the stands.

Ron, Hermione, Neville and y/n were walking back to the castle and up the grassy hills, when she spotted him. A very disappointed Malfoy was ranting to Crabbe and Goyle about how it was ridiculous that Slytherin was no longer in the lead for the cup. They were only a few meters ahead, but when y/n lurched at Draco's back, fists raised, she was caught by Ron and Neville who were trying to restrain the enraged girl. Draco just had a way of getting to people.

"Just leave him y/n. He's not worth the effort" Ron said, struggling to keep y/n from attacking Malfoy.

"NO! I'm sick of him thinking he's above everyone else! Just because he's a rich, Slytherin pure-blood! Hell, I'm a rich, Slytherin pure-blood but you don't see me marching around like I'm royalty!" y/n yelled very loudly so that Draco could hear. When he did he turned around and looked very annoyed.

"You don't have the right to call yourself a Slytherin l/n, hanging out with blood traitors and Gryffindors. You're a disgrace" Draco spat. y/n was beginning to think he had forgotten her first name, he only seemed to call her "disgrace" now.

Before y/n could lash out at him, Ron beat him to it. He punched him right in the face and Draco staggered over but was caught by his goons. Neville stepped forward, attempting to look intimidating, but was soon knocked out cold by Crabbe and Goyle. The bullies soon left, Draco with a black eye, when they saw professor McGonagall coming up the hill. When she saw the unconscious Neville on the floor, she just sighed and levitated him to the Hospital Wing. y/n was happy she didn't have to get her hands dirty in this fight and commended Ron for his great punch. Hermione wasn't as pleased.

Once they reached the castle and spotted Harry who was a bit late coming back from the game, they showered him with praise for that amazing dive for the Snitch and congratulated him on the win, y/n a bit more begrudgingly. Now she and the Slytherin team had to hope that Ravenclaw would absolutely flatten Gryffindor to win. Even if they beat Hufflepuff in the next match, they wouldn't get enough points to overtake Gryffindor and win the cup.

"Everyone's waiting for you in the common room!" Ron exclaimed excited "We're having a party, Fred and George stole some cake and stuff from the kitchens"

'Never mind that now," Harry said breathlessly. "Let's find an empty room, you wait 'til you here this..."

Once they had found an empty charms class, Harry explained how he saw Snape confront Quirrell in the forest, and this only added to the stress that y/n was dealing with.

"So we're right, it is the Philosopher's Stone, and Snape's trying to force Quirrell to help him get it. He asked if he knew how to get past Fluffy - and he said something about Quirrell's "hocus-pocus" - I reckon there are other things guarding the stone apart from Fluffy, loads of enchantments, probably, and Quirrell would have done some anti-Dark Arts spell which Snape needs to break through-"

"So you mean the stone is only safe if Quirrell stands up to Snape?" said Hermione in alarm.

"It'll be gone by next Tuesday," said Ron

------)OOO(------

But Quirrell must be braver than he looks because weeks later, the young wizards and witches could still hear Fluffy snoring behind the door to the third-floor corridor. The boys started defending professor Quirrell when kids would laugh at his stutter, noble yes, but it was still funny to y/n. Besides, she was still suspicious of Professor Quirrell after seeing Snape confront him in the halls Christmas night and after hearing from Harry that they were in the dark forest, she couldn't help but think that there was more to the stuttering Professor. Hermione however, was too caught up in her studies to be concerned with something as trivial as the fate of the wizarding world. She had made colour coded study plans and was rewriting all her notes. It wouldn't have been a bother to y/n if she didn't nag Harry and Ron to do the same.