The Philosopher's Stone Part 2/2

With every step, y/n could feel her body temperature dropping with every step she took as if whatever lied in the last chamber was sucking the very life out of the room and the people in it.Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, they were in a large room with pillars lining the walls, the Mirror of Erised stood in the very centre, and someone was staring at it. It wasn't Voldemort, not even Snape, it was Professor Quirrell.

"You?!" Harry gasped, clutching his forehead in pain. y/n's headache returned, but stronger than ever, more so than when she was attacked in the forest.

Quirrell turned to face them and smiled, he wasn't his normal, nervous twitchy self. "I wondered whether I'd been meeting you here, Potter. And how kind of you to bring young Miss l/n with you," he said calmly with out a hint of a stutter.

"But I thought - Snape -"

"Severus?" Quirrell laughed a cold sharp laugh. This sudden shift in demeanour scared y/n. " Yes, Severus does seem like the type doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an over sized bat. Next to him who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"

y/n stepped forward, her wand raised, "Don't you dare insult Professor Snape! And besides, there was one person you didn't fool." y/n was shaking to the bone in fear, but her pride got the best of her. Quirrell smiles and takes a step towards her.

"Ah, yes. Miss l/n, such an honour it is. A smart girl like yourself couldn't have possibly been fooled my be, could you." He smiled manically at the young witch and she us absolutely terrified, "I was weary of you, seeing how close you were to your dear potions master, and I knew you suspected me. But Potter, is not as switched on as you is he?"

y/n held her ground, and shields Harry, no one insults her friends and get away with it. And then Harry, still trying to make sense of it all, speaks.

"But that day at the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me!"

"No dear boy, I tried to kill you!" Harry and y/n take a step back as Quirrell was growing more threatening by the minute, "Snape hates you yes, but not enough to kill you. He was at Hogwarts with your father, didn't you know? They loathed each other. But he and your father, y/n, were very good friends, explains why he favoured you so much over Potter. But no Snape was never out to get you Potter, but I would have killed you if it wasn't for him muttering his little counter curse."

"Snape was trying to save me?" Harry says in disbelief, his scar had seemed to subdue pain wise, but y/n's head was as painful as ever.

"I knew you were a danger to me right from the off, especially after Halloween."

"Then you let the troll in!" Harry realised taking a step forward. God damn it Harry take out your wand!

"Very good Potter, yes. Snape, like you Miss l/n, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about, he went to the third floor to head me off. He of course never trusted me again. He never left me alone. but he doesn't understand, I'm never alone. Never" Quirrell trailed off eying the mirror again and Harry again clutch ed his scar in pain. "Now, what does this mirror do?" He paused and stared deeply into the mirror, "I see what I desire, I see myself handing the stone to my master... But how do I get it?!"

Suddenly a high-pitched, raspy voice echoed around the room, "use the boy" it ordered Quirrell. y/n held Harry's hand tightly and used her body to shield him. She pointed her wand frantically around the room, trying to find the source of the voice she assumed to be Quirrell's master. Quirrell clicked his fingers and ropes appeared out of nowhere and tied themselves around y/n, She dropped her wand and she fell to her knees, unable to stay balanced.