The Journey Home

Accidentally waking up late, y/n scrambled around her room, frantically throwing the remaining pieces of clothes and loose lollies into her trunk. Packing the previous afternoon wasn't very successful, the other 3 girls in the dorm and herself couldn't stop talking. y/n had realised that she didn't really know the other girls and decided to go and talk to them. They were all very impressed by her little fight with Quirrell and she found them all to be very nice.

Just before she left the dorm with her trunk being dragged behind her and Nimbus following at her feet, a large brown owl flew into the room, holding an envelope in its beak. y/n took the letter which bore a red Hogwarts seal and saw that it was indeed addressed to her. She sat down on her bed to read it, if it was from Hogwarts, then it must be important. Inside the envelope were several pieces of parchment, one read: y/n l/n Exam Results Year 1. She had almost forgotten about exams, they seemed very insignificant compared to the life threatening situation she was in a few nights ago, but y/n was eager to know how she went. She skipped the potions page, already knowing her results and continued onto the rest.

Transfiguration: OCharms: OPotions: OHistory of Magic: EDefence Against the Dark Arts: OAstronomy: EHerbology: E

She was so happy with her results, Outstandings and Exceeds Expectations in everything was much more than y/n was expecting. Especially Herbology, she was sure she would get an Acceptable or even a Troll for that, but she guessed that Professor Sprout liked her. She stuffed the papers into her robes and went back to her Trunk, before heading out the door she took one last look at the dorm. She was sad she was leaving, Hogwarts was her second home, but she couldn't wait to be back in her own bed. Nimbus rubbed up against her leg affectionately and looked up into y/n's e/c eyes happily. He looked like he was smiling at her. y/n chuckled, "Come on Nimbus. Time to go home."

------)OOO(------

As the students left the castle to go into Hogsmeade and board the Hogwarts express, they were handed notes warning them to not use magic outside of school. y/n didn't see the point of that rule, what magic could a teenager know that could be dangerous? And everyone knows not to use magic in front of a muggle. But she admitted defeat after a long debate with Professor McGonagall about the dangers of their world being exposed and having the note practically forced into her hands. The train ride back into London was full of joy as the Scottish countryside evolved into small muggle villages and soon the old brick buildings of the city of London. They had changed out of their school uniform and into muggle clothes just before pulling into platform nine and three-quarters. It took them all quite a while to get off the platform, a wizard whom y/n presumed to be from the ministry was waiting at the portal wall letting students out in twos and threes as not to attract attention from muggles. y/n pushed her trolley which was carrying her trunk and now Nimbus who was now confined in a carry cage, through the wall and joined Harry, Hermione, and Ron on the other side.

"You must come and stay this summer," said Ron, "all of you - I'll send an owl."

"Thanks," Harry replied, "I'll need something to look forward to."

y/n was reminded of the household that Harry was going back to. She recalled all the times that he had spoken about the Dursley's and how much they despised him and anything that was out of the ordinary. She was so happy she was going back to a home where she was cared for. Then she remembered her Grandmother who was coming to pick her up and take her home. y/n began looking around the station for a little old lady, but she couldn't recognise any faces in the crowd of students and their families. She frowned but then realised that the other three along with the rest of the Weasley clan were heading away from her. y/n rushed over and caught up with them, they were all talking to a stout woman with bushy ginger curls and a soft face. "Oh! And you must be y/n! So good to see you again dear. Ron and the boys have told me all about you." Mrs Weasley exclaimed once y/n had joined them.

"It's good to see you too Mrs Weasley, thank you for the Jumper that was very kind of you." y/n replied sweetly

"Oh, that was no problem dear. I should be thanking you for keeping Ronald in line," she said motioning to red-faced Ronald.

Fred and George piped in, not letting the opportunity to tease go to waste, "Yeah, ickle Ronikins was being a naughty little boy." They chorused, ruffling their brother's hair, who gave them a death stare.

"Oh it was my pleasure Mrs Weasley," y/n laughed, but their antics were cut short by a very large man with a bushy moustache.

"Ready, are you?" he asked Harry, not bothering to acknowledge or even introduce himself to the group. Behind him, stood a very tall and gaunt woman and a boy, around Harry's age, who was as fat as his father. They both seemed terrified of Harry and his friends. y/n saw the woman's eyes fall on Nimbus and her face went white at the sight of a witch with a black cat.

"Oh you must be Harry's family!" said Mrs Weasley

"In a matter of speaking," Mr Dursely replied, seemingly horrified that Mrs Weasley had spoken to him, "Hurry up boy we don't have all day," he told Harry and then lead the rest of his family away, most likely to wait by their car, afraid that if they were around the group any longer they would catch the weirdness.

Harry turned to Ron, Hermione and y/n for the last word before he would go back to his home.  "See you over summer then?"

"Definitely" y/n replied smiling

"Hope you have - er - a good holiday," Hermione said, looking uncertainly at where the Dursleys stood/

"Oh, I will," Harry said, a devilish smirk growing on his face, "They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer..."

"I have taught to you well Harry," y/n said putting her hands on his shoulders like a proud teacher. They all tried to remain serious but broke out in laughter. y/n pulled Harry in for a hug and bid him farewell. after sayings his last goodbyes to Hermione and Ron, he left to go and join the Dursley's at the car.

Hermione's parents were the next to find them all. They were like saints compared to the Dursleys, very cheerful and accepting of the wizarding culture that they were now a part of. y/n gave Hermione a tight hug and promised to write to her. Hermione and Ron gave each other an awkward goodbye wave and the Grangers were gone. Now it was just y/n and the Weasley's.

"Who's coming to collect you y/n?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"My Grandmother, she should be here soon-" y/n began but stopped mid sentence when she saw a little old lady walk onto the platform, holding a blue handbag and with her hair done up all fancy. y/n recognised her immediately and ran over to her, abandoning her trolley. Soon, Martha saw y/n running to her and opened her arms for a hug. y/n leapt into them and was embraced in a tight hug. "Oh Grandmother, I've missed you so much! It's so good to see you!" y/n exclaimed pulling out of the embrace to see her grandmother's face.

"I've missed you too y/n, busy year?" Martha replied, a huge grin on her face.

"Like you wouldn't believe. Oh! Let me introduce you to the Weasleys..."

------)OOO(------

And that's it! Then end! Finito! Firstly, thank you all for taking the time to read my little story. I've had so much fun creating your story and I love the feeling I get when I see someone vote or comment, genuinely enjoying the story. Before you all ask, yes there will be a sequel! The first chapter will be published on the Friday 5th of May Australian time, yes I live in Australia, I see you 5% of readers from this big hunk of rock down under. I will publish a chapter on this book when it's released so don't archive or delete this just yet! Or you could just follow me that would be cool too. Again, thank you all for reading, you guys are the best, and if you're reading this after the 5th of May 2017, go read the sequel!!! It's out now!!! And for the last time in this book...

Have a good day loves ❤

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍