The Crucial Realisation

End of year exams. Just what y/n needed when she half expected Voldemort to burst through doors whilst sitting a test. But if they weren't stressful, the practical exams sure were. Each student was called in individually by Professor Flitwick and attempt to make a pineapple tap-dance across the desk. Professor McGonagall had them turn mice into snuffboxes. extra marks were given on how pretty it looked. Then Snape practically made everyone shake as they tried to remember how to make a forgetfulness potion. y/n remembered every single step and ingredient quite ironically. As for the others, they went relatively well in y/n's eyes. Her pineapple had a nice rhythm and the snuffbox was a shiny silver with ornate details, fit for the princess she thought as the mouse transformed.

The others seemed to be relatively calm, but she noticed that Harry was very restless during their study session for History of Magic. Either he was becoming bored out of his mind (for good reason) or something was troubling him. "You alright Harry? You've been stuck on page 12 of that book for the past half hour." She asked

"I just can't stop thinking about what happened in the forest, with Voldemort" He responded, hand on his forehead.

"Don't say that name!" Ron shouted, but he was shushed by Madam Pince.

"Harry I told you, Dumbledore is here so there is nothing to worry about, " Hermione said not looking up from her large pile of notes.

"Yeah, I know just - nevermind..." Harry trailed off going back to staring at page 12.

------)OOO(------

Finally, exams are over! y/n thought, rushing out of her History of Magic exam. An hour of writing down answers about things that happened 200 something years ago, could not have passed slower.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," Hermione said joining her, "Turns out I didn't need to learn about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct"

"Who knows 'mione, might come in handy in the future," y/n replied

The two girls laughed and found Harry and Ron amongst the crowd of celebrating students. "No more revision," Ron sighed happily as the four sauntered down to the black lake. There, they saw the twins with Lee Jordan, playing with the giant squid in the warm shallows. It was extremely hot and y/n was glad to be out of the stuffy classroom. Ron fell down onto the grass and stretched out, "You could look happier Harry, we've got a week to find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet" he said looking up at the boy who was rubbing his scar.

"I wish I knew what this means!" he exclaimed angrily, "My scar keeps hurting - it's happened before but not like this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill," Harry said, "I think it's a warning... it means danger's coming..."

"It started after we had detention in the forest, right?" y/n spoke up. She had been having the same "headaches" since her encounter in the forbidden forest. She just dismissed it as exam stress, but if Harry's scar had been hurting since their detention then it had to have something to do with Voldemort, with the stone. Harry nodded, "Yeah, I think it has something to do with Voldemort"

"That name again!!!" Ron shouted, not being bothered to get up.

Hermione shook her head, "That's just the exams. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes when I remembered that we'd done that one."

Harry just nodded and looked over to y/n who had a look of concern on her face. They heard a squawk over head and looked up to see some sort of black bird, like a giant crow, fly over to Hagrid's hut. Harry stared at the hut for a moment before his eyes lit up. "Of course!" He shouted as he jumped up and began to run over to Hagrid.