The Forbidden Forest

The Quidditch team is gonna hate me, and Draco actually. 100 points lost in one night. If Malfoy had just minded his own business and not be such a little snitch, then I would be in my dorm, probably with a book and a hot cup of tea, but NO!! Instead, I'm on my way to the Forbidden forest for detention, just PEACHY.

y/n was mumbling under her breath and mentally picturing all the ways she could get back at Malfoy as she, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco were led by Filch down to Hagrid's hut on the edge of the forest. It was already dark and the moon gave off hardly any light. The half-giant was sitting on a log outside his "house" staring somberly into the fire. Norbert had been shipped off to Romania by Dumbledore once Draco let slip that he was keeping an extremely dangerous creature on school grounds, and he was very torn up about it all.

"Pull yourself together man." Filch said impatiently "You're going into the forest after all. Got to have your wits about you"

"The Forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there, students aren't allowed." Draco said nervously, he's such a coward, honestly. "And there are-" he was cut off by an unnerving howl "-werewolves!"

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that" Filch replied, wasn't he just cheery? "Nighty-night" And with that last reassuring comment, he left.

y/n looked into the underbrush of the forest, there were sure to be werewolves and vampires and centaurs, this was going to be interesting.

------)OOO(------

The group had been walking for about 20 minutes and were well into the forest. It was nothing like the one y/n wandered through back home, this one was barren and dark. The thin trees were scattered around and went one for what seemed like miles in every direction. The only light source they had was Hagrid's lantern, and that only illuminated a few square metres. y/n found herself at the back with Draco and Harry, trying to remain in the light. Hagrid's dog, Fang led the way, but that didn't really reassure her. Fang was the kind of dog that wouldn't know if a dragon was about to rip its head off, he was a bit slow.

Soon, Hagrid stopped and bent down. he dipped his hands in some sort of silvery liquid and observed it, gross. "Hagrid, what is that?" Harry asked nervously.

"What we're here for. See that" Hagrid held his hand a bit closer to the students. "That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago."

y/n wasn't really paying attention, she was too busy making sure something wasn't going to kill her from behind. That's when she saw it, a dark hooded figure, passing through the trees. She looked at Harry who had seen it too. Hagrid glanced over as well but the thing was out of sight.

"So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione come with me" The two nodded nervously. "And Harry, you'll go with Malfoy and y/n."

Harry turned to y/n and smiled but Draco wasn't too happy. "Fine then I get Fang," He said bossily. Great know we have a useless dog tagging along.

"Fine, just so you know, he's a blood coward, " Hagrid said with a bit of cheek.The group splits up and begin the search for the injured unicorn. y/n finds herself leading the group and illuminates her wand so they have a bit more light. She can hear the boys behind her nudging each other every now and then. Can they find a better place to butt heads, preferably when there's a lower risk of being killed? After a while, Malfoy breaks the silence, "You wait 'til my father hears about this, this is servant stuff!"

"Quit whining Draco, your dear father isn't going to hear about anything if we're killed, so shut your mouth and find this unicorn." y/n shoots back. But of course, she can't have the last word.