Born To Die ~ Kid Flash

"DONT YOU SEE? I WAS BORN TO DIE,"

-

Her feet kept her in place, the rough ground shaking below her. "Wally!"

Her legs started moving towards the nearly dead speedster, the villain towering over him.

"(Y-(Y/N)..." Wally whispered, the life nearly escaping from his lungs.

Tears filled his eyes as the villain let out a roar, the ground trembeling beneath their feet.

"(H/N)!" Robin's voice filled the air, (Y/N) not listening as the villain raised his weapon, ready to bring it down on the speedster.

(Y/N)'s abilities flared with power as she came below the weapon, transgering her life into the speedsters.

Wally gapsed with life as a ripple was let out through the air, killing nearly everything in sight.

"(Y/N)!" Wally cried, scrambling up to catch his lover.

Hot tears pooled into his eyes as he looked at the dying figure he held in his arms. She gave him a smile, the light fading from her eyes. "D-don't you see? I-I was born to die,"

Wally roared and cried for life to come back to her as the team made their way towards the pair.

Miss Martian burst into tears, her sobs wracking her body as she stuffed her features into Superboy's chest. I should have gotten them both out first. She thought, the thoughts erupting in her mind. I should have done something!

Superboy was in shock, for he had never seen someone die before. W-what is this feeling? He thought. It hurts, it hurts so bad...

Robin ran towards the pair, comforting Wally while his own thoughts plagued his mind. I should have done something. I'm the most experienced, I should have done something!

Tears fell from Kaldur's eyes, his body still as a sculpture. This is my fault, He thought, the image plauging his mind. I am the leader, it should have been me to go down. Not her.

Artemis was sitting down on the hard ground, her knees pulled up to her chest as the sobs she let out wracked her body. My friend, is gone. I should have saved her. I should have done something!

Wally, poor Wally... His thoughts filled his mind like a disease as her final words rang out through his ears. "Don't you see?" This is not what was supposed to happen. "I-I was born to die,"

He looked up to the sky, his eyed tinted with red and bloodshot. Gently, he set down his beloved high school sweatheart, his legs shaking as he stood up.

Then, he began running. He ran, and never looked back.