Chapter II : "To get Linked"

It was already 3 in the morning when they get back at Yusuke's Ramen Shop. They were greeted by kuwabara waiting for them in the entrance.

Kuwabara: So, how did it go yusuke? Did sensui gave you a hard time? (Curious)
Yusuke: At first, it was. But it turns out she wasn't that scary at all, like what koenma mentioned.
Misaki: If I was in the mood to kill you, I would. But right now, I'm having my break. My power was completely sleeping for being stuck in there for too long. (Explaining her side)
Kuwabara: (was suprised to see a small girl with a skull on her head) Hah! The only thing scary about her was the skull mask, her height ruined it. (Burst out laughing)
Misaki: (annoyed by what kuwabara said)
Yusuke: (serious) You shouldn't judge her with her height, kuwabara.
Misaki: (nods in agreement to yusuke)
Yusuke: You're forgetting someone with the same height as her. (Laughing hard with kuwabara)
Hiei: Tsk! (Annoyed and head inside the shop)
Kurama: (chuckled)
Misaki: ( looking to kurama pouting) I swear I'll kill all of you who mocked me.
Yusuke: (wiped his teary eyes from laughing so hard) Okay, we'll stop! We'll stop! Let's get inside to report our mission to koenma.

Misaki was still glaring at them as they head inside and told koenma what happened. Koenma looks at misaki.

Koenma: You've changed a bit, misaki. (Observing her)
Misaki: (coldly stare at him) What makes you say that?
Koenma: You didnt harm them. I'm pretty sure you always leave my companion a scar to remember whenever we meet. You even kill them. (Reminiscing of the past)
Misaki: My power hasn't fully comes back, so that's why... So, anyway. Can I be free now? (Changing the topic)
Koenma: What d'you mean? Didn't they tell you why we picked you up in there? (Confused)
Misaki: I agreed to come and help you in exchange of my freedom.
Koenma: I never mentioned....
Kurama: I did make that deal. (He interrupts)
Koenma: (looks at kurama in weary) You did realize that she plan this to escape?
Kurama: I could see that coming. It's the only way we could get her to agree on helping us. And I know you can give an alternative thing to use against her so she wont ran away. At least, she could be free in a small part.
Misaki: Woah! What's that supposed to mean? A deal is a deal! You gave me the freedom I ask for then thats the only time I could help you. (Furious)
Kurama: I'm sorry, misaki. We can't take risk. We can't trust you that you won't ran away before you ever did what we expect you to do.
Misaki: But you agreed to our deal! And I did too!
Kurama: You never answer us, you just nod remember? That's a common answer of someone with other plans in mind. We're just being cautious.

Misaki turns her back to them and bites her lips in anger cursing them in her head.

Koenma then remembers a device they had that they could use for her. He then gave it to kurama.

Koenma: It's a tracker ring together with the tracking device. We usually use it when we're observing someone on our custody. The tracker ring can only be removed by the one who puts it on to someone they intend to track. It protects the one who wear it to prevent it from taking the ring off, which means even if she try to cut her finger, the ring will block it. No matter what she do to get it off, she wont succeed. And if the circumtances is a tough one like throwing herself of an active volcano or a pool of acid, the ring will put her to sleep and will control her body until it was in a safe area already.
Misaki: Then, I'll put it on.
Kurama: No, I will. That's pretty obvious thing you were planning there, misaki. (Notice her motives)
Misaki: (blushing) No, Its not it! (The thought of a couple exchanging rings on a wedding ceremony flashes on her head)
Kurama: Whatever that thing you were planning, you have no excuse for me to put it on you. (Observing her blushing face & a panicking action)
Misaki: (avoiding eye contact with kurama) You wouldn't understand it anyway even if I explain. (Pouting)
Kurama: (grabs misaki's hand) Then, tell me what it is. (Staring at her as he put the ring on her finger)
Misaki: (face turns red) Stupid! Stupid fox! Sabotaging my plan is all your trying to do with your word game.