Chapter XII: "Broken Bond"

On the hideout of a demon lies a beaten up and chained spirit detective and his team. They were caught unexpectedly when they fall to their trap. It was a stupid mistake, they already knew what they are capable of doing and yet, they still fall for it.

Ritsu was laughing on their state as she walk closer to the only member of yusuke's team that she didn't harm. She also separates him to his friends, so to avoid any disturbance for what she intend to do.

Ritsu: Youko Kurama, a demon fox from the legend that I've heard of. I wonder why you got yourself involved in such a weak being like those humans. (she said as she ran her finger on kurama's jawline trying to flirt with him)
Kurama: (silence) Misaki might have left anything here that could help us. But what is it? (he thought as he look around his cell for any possible clue not minding what ritsu was doing)

Ritsu noticed that he doesn't seem to care about her existence infront of him. Her flirtatious way wasn't affecting him at all. Is it because of misaki? Is she important for him? that's what she thought. She suddenly felt offended at some point knowing that maybe the scar misaki brought to her before might have ruined the beauty she once have. She gets angry thinking it might be the reason why she failed on attracting him and slaps his cheek hard. Kurama was surprised at what she did and stare at her seriously questioning what was it all about. She felt differently on his stare though, she thought he may be challenging her. So, she decided to play along and lean close to him, and whispered to his ear.

Ritsu: I know where your family is. Work with me and I won't lay a hand to them. (she said threatening him)
Kurama: You think I would fall for your lies? (he said doubting what she said)
Ritsu: I saw you and your family on misaki's memory. I managed to peek on her memory as I interrogate her. I let her get away, so that I could kill her unexpectedly. I could see now the surprised look of her as she die. I wonder if soon, she will be lost too for my son to successfully kill her. (she explained to him excited for what's about to happen)

Ritsu also told him about misaki's advantage move which was getting their loved ones to safety. First thing she did was getting his family on a vacation on a hotspring. She somehow talk to an old little man, as what she thought that was his gender. A light pink hair old man, short in height and somehow look quiet strong for an old person. She asked it for a favor on something, that is to watch over them. Then after that, she goes back to the city meeting up with the three remaining people. Keiko, Shizuru and Yukina whom were together for shopping. She told them to go to a certain place on a remote area far from the city to be safe from an upcoming danger and she left a clue in there for the next place they have to go to. They agreed on her and follow on her guide.

Hearing what she said, kurama felt at ease knowing misaki had manage to do all that in advance. Though they somehow knew about it by then, she might have been heading there now to protect them and they have to do something on their situation too. She continue on blabbering about other stuff she saw on her memory, and as she do so, he looked around again for the clue he was sure of misaki might have left to back them up.

As she confidently speaks of what more she finds out on her, she finds him ignoring her again. Her anger arises and she lost her cool and slaps him again and again. She tried to choke him and whispered on his ear that what he did was very rude and its making her so mad. She told him that if he kept on ignoring her and won't cooperate to her, she will tell her son to annihilate his family first and continue on killing the leftovers. Kurama felt worried for his family's life at that moment and apologized. She was taken back for what she heard and stops punishing him.

Ritsu: What did you just said? (she asked trying to confirm what she just heard that he said)
Kurama: I apologize for my rude behaviour. I was just contemplating about my situation. (he said seriously)
Ritsu: So, you do now realize that the only way for you and that human family you had to survive was to work with me? (she said to him calming down from his apology)
Kurama: If it's the only way I can assure the safety of my human slave, then so be it. (he said agreeing on her)