Chapter XIV: "Regret"

Kuwabara had manage to catch up to hiei. He was standing outside the hotspring building. He looked confused at the moment,so he approached him curious to know why.

Hiei: You didn't pass by them while you're heading here, did you? (he asked curiously)
Kuwabara: Them? Do you mean yusuke? We left them with misaki, right?! (he said confusely)
Hiei: Get your brain working, stupid! I meant keiko. (he clarified annoyingly)

Kuwabara shakes his head disapprovingly. Then, he realize what hiei wanted to know. Knowing both of them never encounter keiko along the way and him asking about it means that they didn't make it here. He asked him if he already question master genkai about their arrival, and he replied with a yes. He also mentioned that he find him waiting outside a while ago and reported that he was the first to arrive in the area. They looked at each other and feel exactly the same fear of the danger keiko might have come across. Without wasting anymore time, they head back down and search for them.

Along the way down, they met up with the injured yusuke and kurama. They asked what happened and where misaki was. They sadly said that she escape and that she seems to have found her target and was heading to where it was. Kuwabara panicked and said that what was happening now was the same thing he felt on his dream. He feared that they may come off late when they find their loved ones. The exact situation on his dream was now being relived in the current time.

Silence filled the air as they continue to search for where keiko were. They were on haste looking for every possible place they could've gone to. Then, a sound of something hitting a tree from infront of them was heard. Its getting louder and louder, they felt it heading their way so they quickly dodge it. It stops when it hits the boulder on their back. It looks like a demon they never knew of, that seems to be covered with stab and slices of something sharp on his body.

Yusuke: Could this be the son of ritsu? (he said looking at the dead body)
Kurama: (noticed his neck with an unknown language only misaki knew) This must be misaki's doing. But did she manage to control herself now?
Kuwabara: No way! This is literally deja vu moments I am feeling right now. (he said feeling more worried of what kept on happening)

They head to where that body come from with weary of what they are about to witness. When they arrived at the area, they saw keiko and yukina lying on the ground covered with blood and have a wound on their body. As they look around more in shocked of what they see, they found misaki standing steady with her hands holding down a sword. And on that sword was an impalled body of ritsu and shizuru. Misaki's eyes were close but was bleeding, she wasn't moving at all, its like she was a statue and her energy seems to be weak. It seems like she was caught on ritsu and her sons trap but still manage to kill both of them in the process. And that includes their loved ones.

Kuwabara who kept denying what he was seeing called on to her sister. He kept shouting her name and crying his eyes out witnessing the unmoving body of her. She was lying lifeless on the ground and ritsu was above her, they were both impalled on that sword that misaki still kept on holding down.

Kuwabara: Guys, we have to end her! If we don't do it right now on her weak state, it'll be the end for all of us. (he said as he felt his anger arises)

Kurama told them that keiko and yukina was just unconscious after he checked on them. But noone seems to hear his explanation, their anger over what they saw blinded them on seeing the idea he finds out about what just happen. Although both women were wounded, their wounds wasn't critical. It was just a scratch from a blade like it seems that they were saved from a sudden death. Based on footmarks on the ground as well the remains of powdered dust, it seems that they have been pushed aside and was put to sleep to avoid being a burden. On shizuru's part, it seems like she was really killed on that way But why were they impalled together? Is it to try to capture ritsu as she tried to kill her? But why was she included in it?