Chapter IX: "A New Life"

Kurama felt like someone was healing his bruises and he also heard a womans voice apologizing. As he open up his eyes, he find himself lying on the ground next to misaki. He was confused at the moment.

Misaki: (feeling guilty about knocking him up) I didn't mean to harm you. I just have to get him to believe in me at some point.
Kurama: (gets up) I know what you were doing. But you should've told us before we head in here.
Misaki: (doubting what he said) I dont think they are good at pretending anyway.

Silence.

Misaki: (blushing and pouting) Why did you have to do that? You know that's just unfair.
Kurama: (thought of the kiss he gave her) I just have to confirm my suspicion about your betrayal through your reaction.
Misaki: (still pouting) But that's cheating, you know.
Kurama: (smiles on the face misaki was making) I apologize for what I did.

Misaki sighed then looks at kurama seriously.

Misaki: Just because you are a charismatic, handsome demon fox that can literally swoon any lady you come across means that... you have to be that way towards me. (cross her hands together and glares at him)
Kurama: (avoid eye contact with her) I'm sorry! I really was.
Misaki: (starts circling her finger on the floor) I was curious though...
Kurama: (looks at what she's doing as he listens)
Misaki: Do you at least ... um... like me too even just a tiny bit? (her face turns red as she said it)

Kurama thought for a second as he observe her, still waiting for any response from what she asked.

Kurama: If that's how you feel about me, I'm sorry! (he said apologetically)

Misaki felt a sharp pain stabbing her heart to the rejection she just received. She bites her lips trying hard not to cry from it as she turns her back on him.

Kurama suddenly felt guilty about what he did. But before he could talk to her about it, she already run away from him. He was still feeling weak on his knees as a side effect of the battle they had. So he stay there.

After a while of staying to recuperate his energy, she gets back. She was holding on to a fainted kisuke and haruna's foot pulling them inside the room. She then ties them up.

Kurama: (curious at what she's doing) What are you gonna do with them?
Misaki: Kill, I guess. (she said as she picks up her katana)
Kurama: But kisuke was just trying to rescue haruna from kuro. (he strongly objects her) Why would they have to die?
Misaki: Haruna is long gone and kisuke is not himself anymore. (she explained)
Kurama: What do you mean? (confused)
Misaki: Kuro ate her soul and use her body as a vessel to contain his own in it ever since his real body got destroyed when he got captured.

Kurama was surprised at what he finds out, as she kill kisuke and the already gone body of haruna. She told him about his and kuro's connection with her. Her story was also includes in it too.

It was a long time ago, she was once a free person whom trying to fit in to the world. As she do so, she killed harmful demons along the way. She's a human but her spiritual energy surpass those that is around her. It was because of her experience living in the demon world.

She was kidnapped together with the villagers she was living with. They are supposed to be a food for a feast of this group of demons on their lair. She was shaking in fear as a young girl realizing death is coming near. Those demons are so scary looking, that her mind can't process any possible thought about what was happening.

This could just be a terrible nightmare that's what she kept thinking to avoid the truth. But no matter how hard she pinched herself to wake up from this bad dream, she doesn't go back to the reality that she thought was still present. It was then that her time has come, a demon summons her to the table and was about to get eaten when a human looking demon came in and cause havoc. She was saved at last, but her fear towards their kind still remains.